Menu

Bath towels! ISO big-sized, thick, very soft all cotton towels!

sheryl

What brand can you recommend?

ALL cotton

Big-sized (not skimpy)  NOT the largest "resort towel" size but we have one that covers half our body lol

Thick

Ultra soft and absorbent

Nice colors :)

I know these aren't brands, but what's your experience between Bed Bath and Beyond and  Department Store? 

Edited by sheryl

Believe it or not, WalMart has a decent set. They seemed a little non-absorbent at first, but after a year, they've gotten nicely absorbent and are still soft. Maybe Better Homes and Garden brand? I picked them because they were the only yellow and green that looked good with the blue in my new bathroom, but they're nice.

• Like 1

I have some of the plush Better Gardens ones from WM. I even got a couple of the oversized ones for dh but they are all pretty big.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Thick-and-Plush-Jacquard-Bath-Towel-Collection/41159664

I got a couple colors and one is solid. Bought when my store marked them down to $4. Love them. We have a similar one but it is not from the same line I think. Not plush.

• Like 1

I also use Costco towels. TJ Maxx or marshalls is great for towels too. Department store brands. I like to buy all white towels so the don't bleed or get bled on, are easy to bleach if they smell or someone leaves it on the floor and walks on it. And you can buy whatever nice towels are on sale to rotate in without worrying about the colors working together.

• Like 2

Thanks, all!  I like all of these ideas.  I just like fluffy towels and over-sized ones.  Years ago my Dad bought towels from Sam's Club and they were quite good.  I'll check in to Costco, Lands End. Walmart, Macy's and Target.  To be honest, for the price and quality, I bet Costco will come in ahead. But, will consider all. 

Maybe I'll should buy a set from a few places to compare.  :)

Barb, that's creative!  I do like color and will probably buy color but definitely see buying a "bright" white to use especially in the summer! 

• Like 1

I was going to say the same!  We've had a bunch for nearly 10 years.  They are really soft, thick, and they last a long time.  They're definitely an investment, though.  I bought some Costco towels for a guest bathroom and they're great but pretty thin in comparison and aren't lasting as long.

I have the big ones from Restoration Hardware, but they are $$$$$$. I have had them over a decade, though.

• Like 2

Plum Crazy, Yes!  Fieldcrest is a good brand (or was).  I'll check in to those at Target.  Hmm, Restoration Hardware sounds great.  Are they big and chunky?  Oh who am I kidding - probably out of my price range.  LOL!   Another vote for Costco.  Happypamama, your towels are 18 years old? That's impressive.  They've held up?  Mine are a little newer and rough as all get out!

Plum Crazy, Yes! Fieldcrest is a good brand (or was). I'll check in to those at Target. Hmm, Restoration Hardware sounds great. Are they big and chunky? Oh who am I kidding - probably out of my price range. LOL! Another vote for Costco. Happypamama, your towels are 18 years old? That's impressive. They've held up? Mine are a little newer and rough as all get out!

Yep, 18 years and have held up! Very soft. Just a tiny bit of fraying around the edges but still good. They haven't been our primary towels for about a decade, though, so they don't get used super often, but we can grab one and know it has no holes. Not relegated to rag status yet.

• Like 1

Costco towels were recently on sale and they don't have all the colors in stock in my store since then. Yesterday I ordered the bath sheets online. They have more color options online.

There was a dollar shipping for two bath sheets, butmthe price was the same as in store.

• Like 1

Wow, I went to our local RH store today.  I'm willing to spend a little money (not a lot) and checked RH online but there is a membership fee of $100.00.  What a bummer!  if you're a member, it's actually not a bad price.   Back to the drawing board. 

After looking at the size today, I'd be buying bath "towel" size (not sheets). 

Edited by sheryl

Wow, I went to our local RH store today.  I'm willing to spend a little money (not a lot) and checked RH online but there is a membership fee of $100.00.  What a bummer!  if you're a member, it's actually not a bad price.   Back to the drawing board. 

After looking at the size today, I'd be buying bath "towel" size (not sheets). 

I have never heard of a membership fee for Restoration Hardware. Are we talking about the same store?

https://www.restorationhardware.com/

• Like 1

Yes, Monique, it's on their website. ??? Pay $100 annual membership fee to get the "lesser cost" member price. Did I not read this right? LMk if I'm mistaken. Ouch to the towel budget. You and the other PPs are right....they are gorgeous quality towels.

Edited by sheryl