Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ooh, next page I'll turn 100. But odds are I'll be asleep during that page. 

I turned 100 ages ago and didn't even notice!  I'm a spry old dickens!

• Like 2

Hi.  Dh and I went out on a date night.  We talked.  We've decided to keep the kids. 

:hurray:  :hurray:   Always a good discussion to have periodically!

• Like 4

I do remember when 3-ring binders were called 3-ring notebooks. They were used to hold all your notes (and papers) from different classes/subjects.

When I want to keep notes together, I use spiral or composition notebooks.

It's semantics. Or being annoyingly precise. Take your pick.

When I was in school there was a mini-war between those who preferred 3-ring binders and those who liked 2-ring binders.  Loose leaf paper (and some spiral notebooks) used to have 5 holes, to accommodate either binder set-up.  Then 2-ring binders just seemed to somehow quietly fade away....

• Like 2

Nice work, Renai!!

I'd forgotten that about AMJ.   :blink:

Also, I looked much younger in those days.....is that only four ducklings?

ETA:  Nope, just double checked. it's five.  But I'm so much thinner..... 

#perimenopausesucksforducks

ETA again:  forducks.  Because I'm a poet.   :D

I'm innocent, I tell you!

• Like 1

Ahhhhh, yes.

Because I asked you if the Red Counting Bear was suffering from a fear of subtraction.  

The Law says you have to keep them till they're 18.

Reading these in quick order left interesting thoughts in my mind as to the "them" being discussed.

• Like 2

Oregon Chai has come out with some Slightly Sweet and some No Sugar chai.  I bought both so I could try them -- currently drinking the Slightly Sweet mixed with unsweetened almond milk -- yum!  I have hopes for the No Sugar chai as well.  Now they just need to bring these out in decaf so I don't have to watch how much I drink in a day....

• Like 1

dancing-good-morning-smiley-emoticon.gif

Happy Saturday!  It's the only day I can sleep in and I did!  'Til 6!  It was awesome!  Now I'm sitting at the computer with my fingers crossed, hoping that it's a Skype morning.  good-luck-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 7

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Saturday!!ðŸ‘

Hot!!☀ï¸â˜€ï¸ðŸ”¥ðŸ”¥ðŸ”¥ðŸ”¥ðŸ”¥ðŸ”¥

We will be entering the environs of he11 today I wanted to wake up early and do yard work before it got too hot, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. I slept in and now I'm terribl groggy.

• Like 3

John had a Nazi phase?????

It's not his fault, he's German. He used to line up the counting bears (by order of color of course, because racist) and give a speech about the upcoming battle. You know the videos of Hitler where he gets all spastic? John would do that during his speeches. And then to top it all off he did the d*mn Nazi salute! The first time he did it Matt and I looked at each other and almost died. We have no I mean NO clue how that all came together.

• Like 3

Would that be Blueya(h)?

No, because it was blueberries, so the booya took the part of berries, leaving a bluebooya.

When I was in school there was a mini-war between those who preferred 3-ring binders and those who liked 2-ring binders.  Loose leaf paper (and some spiral notebooks) used to have 5 holes, to accommodate either binder set-up.  Then 2-ring binders just seemed to somehow quietly fade away....

We had 12 ring binders (or something... not 100% sure of the number of rings).

hoping that it's a Skype morning.  good-luck-smiley-emoticon.gif

I tried skyping my parents a couple of days ago, and their skype insisted on being updated, but then wouldn't actually let them update because their device was too old so was't supported anymore. So, they ended up just calling me on the phone. 

We need to come up with a new solution (they were tired of other issues with skype already). Maybe I'll buy them a new tablet of some sort.

In good (and unrelated news), my dad told the unemployment office that he didn't need as much money anymore, and they messed up and continued giving him the full amount for an additional three months, and then they sent him a letter saying that since it was their own fault, he could keep the money. Which is pretty amazing, since bureaucrats working for the govt usually would just tell you that, yes, it's their fault, but they want it back anyway. 

• Like 6

It's not his fault, he's German. He used to line up the counting bears (by order of color of course, because racist) and give a speech about the upcoming battle. You know the videos of Hitler where he gets all spastic? John would do that during his speeches. And then to top it all off he did the d*mn Nazi salute! The first time he did it Matt and I looked at each other and almost died. We have no I mean NO clue how that all came together.

Moral of this story: Don't cover evil dictators with accelerated five year olds. 😳😳😳😂😂😂

• Like 4

And, while we're at it, if you were my 3-hole punch, where would you be? Used to be located on top of metal shelves before we moved. 

In the thing.

Moral of this story: Don't cover evil dictators with accelerated five year olds. 😳😳😳😂😂😂

WE DIDN'T! We don't know how it happened!

• Like 4

Krissi, I have this idea in my head that all of California has perfect weather all year round. Guess not! We are having a mild summer so far, with lots of rain. In my mind, summer here starts when it is 80 degrees by 8am. We're well into July and it hasn't happened yet!

I did some pantry stuff and went over to the neighbor's garage sale just to be neighborly and ended up buying 3 books and 2 ripstiks w/helmets (purchased on the sly for dd10 and ds12's birthdays). The turkey is thawing in the fridge and a pork butt roast is in the IP.

I found a recipe for a gyro spice mix that I think I'll mix up. http://www.daringgourmet.com/greek-seasoning-blend/ My kids love Greek food and this blogger makes it sound like something I could actually do with at least moderate success. :D

• Like 3

Krissi, I have this idea in my head that all of California has perfect weather all year round. Guess not! We are having a mild summer so far, with lots of rain. In my mind, summer here starts when it is 80 degrees by 8am. We're well into July and it hasn't happened yet!

. :D

It depends on what part of California you live in. The coast is gorgeous in the summertime. Temps in the 70's. San Francisco in the summertime can be downright chilly. Where we live....April, May and October and November are nice. Winters aren't horrible, but from mid-June to September....l yuck.
  • Like 1

I went to the AFSA. They have all the school supplies out now. I found some super cute pastel polka dot sticky tabs that made me way happier than it should've.

I think I'm sick. My head is pounding and I keep coughing up gross stuff. I'm in bed in the dark. DH is in charge of keeping the kiddos alive today.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

And, while we're at it, if you were my 3-hole punch, where would you be? Used to be located on top of metal shelves before we moved. 

Tucked into a box of unrelated stuff, packed there when whoever packed the box wanted something about that size and shape to fill a hole.

• Like 2

In preparation for the upcoming trip I had the kids start pulling out clothing for a practice pack.  I had them try on certain stuff just to be sure, and sho 'nuf, they have outgrown various stuff, including nearly every pair of long, rugged pants they have (needed for the hiking around and other activities).  This, of course, right when such pants are rather sparse in the stores down here.  Back when these pants were plentiful the girls' long pants all still fit.

More clothes shopping this weekend.  I am insisting on today, after we have had lunch.

Both girls are at an age where they have to start trying stuff on to see if the clothes are the right shape for them.  One needs underthings she hadn't needed until now, and the other needs a swimsuit.  One likes the idea of shopping but gets tired of it after the third item tried on, and the other doesn't even last that long.  

Woohoo, yippee, shopping.   :svengo:

• Like 3

It doesn't really cover that, but have you talked to your vet? Can you add another litter box? Is there something provoking the kitty?

He's seen the vet multiple times. He's just a jerk. He had bladder stones w/ surgery when he was about 8mos old and ever since has been a sporadic box avoider. 

We have 4 boxes. He'll sometimes use them. He likes to go in front of them. He likes his box pristine. He gets grumpy when we have visitors and acts out. He gets grumpy if he's not allowed outside or if it's raining. He gets mad when I don't want to pet him when he wants. He gets mad when he doesn't have the food he wants- but he's FAT. He's on a vet mandated diet. Getting mad means he punishes us by going out of the box. 

• Like 2

He's seen the vet multiple times. He's just a jerk. He had bladder stones w/ surgery when he was about 8mos old and ever since has been a sporadic box avoider.

We have 4 boxes. He'll sometimes use them. He likes to go in front of them. He likes his box pristine. He gets grumpy when we have visitors and acts out. He gets grumpy if he's not allowed outside or if it's raining. He gets mad when I don't want to pet him when he wants. He gets mad when he doesn't have the food he wants- but he's FAT. He's on a vet mandated diet. Getting mad means he punishes us by going out of the box.

We give our cat who had cystitis these "urinary support for cats" treats by the company Well and Good a couple of times a week. If we forget he starts to act up.

We give our cat who had cystitis these "urinary support for cats" treats by the company Well and Good a couple of times a week. If we forget he starts to act up.

We have given him some powders to help- he won't eat the treats. Probiotics help him too. They both seem to help and we're out. That's a good reminder to order more. I think he's just extra moody now b/c my parents recently stayed with us for a week and then we've had lots of rain. He should be on prozac because he's super neurotic and sometimes homicidal (caught him pushing our other cat's head under the water in the dish), but giving him the pill daily makes him even angrier. He's a naughty boy. 

• Like 3

I was going to make (American) blueberry pancakes (which I've never made before) with one of the kids, but they started whining about being hungry, and I snapped, so instead my wife made blueberry pancakes with Broccoli (he was the kid who volunteered). I actually offered to do it after calming down from snapping, but he preferred to do it with mommy. And, then it turned out that neither kid liked blueberries - not fresh, and not in the pancakes either, so now they're making plain pancakes. 

Later today I think I'm going to whip up some whipping cream with the hand mixer and make Celery help me. That kid is practically never interested in cooking, or other practical skills, like how to put a cabinet together, or w/e, but he really should learn some of these things. 

• Like 4

What is Texas Caviar? Not related to Smokey Mountain Oysters, are they? :D

We went fishing at the pond with dd10's new garage sale fishing pole. We all took turns - I was the only one who didn't catch a fish! We used bread for bait like Laura Ingalls. There were cute turtles in the pond and 17-year cicadas swarming the trees. The 17-years aren't as numerous as the 7 or 13 years, but we were still dive-bombed fairly regularly.

I think I have everything out for the curriculum sale. The pork butt needs another round in the IP. The Kids are frying themselves eggs for snack.

#isaidbutt

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

I took a little nap. Then someone rang the doorbell. I ignored him. We really need a no soliciting sign. But I don't want an ugly metal one.

Craft project!

We just bought a big cabinet from the 2nd hand store. It's painted in some dark greenish gray and dark red, or something, so I want to repaint it. Now I just need to decide what colors... the walls in our new house are like a light beige, so bright colors are out, and light colors are out because the current paint is so dark. So, I'm thinking navy blue, but not sure about the 2nd color. 

• Like 2

What is Texas Caviar? Not related to Smokey Mountain Oysters, are they? :D

We went fishing at the pond with dd10's new garage sale fishing pole. We all took turns - I was the only one who didn't catch a fish! We used bread for bait like Laura Ingalls. There were cute turtles in the pond and 17-year cicadas swarming the trees. The 17-years aren't as numerous as the 7 or 13 years, but we were still dive-bombed fairly regularly.

I think I have everything out for the curriculum sale. The pork butt needs another round in the IP. The Kids are frying themselves eggs for snack.

#isaidbutt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_caviar

I suspect the Smokey Mountain Oysters are the same thing as the Rocky Mountain Oysters, aren't they?

In good (and unrelated news), my dad told the unemployment office that he didn't need as much money anymore, and they messed up and continued giving him the full amount for an additional three months, and then they sent him a letter saying that since it was their own fault, he could keep the money. Which is pretty amazing, since bureaucrats working for the govt usually would just tell you that, yes, it's their fault, but they want it back anyway. 

Yeah, that happened to me last year - them trying to make it seem I needed to pay back money. I told them they had every bit of information they ever asked for to calculate the amount correctly. Amazingly, they dropped it, and basically said I was right.

• Like 2

I haven't researched this in a long time, but I seem to remember that night terrors are the same brain wave disruption that happens when sleep walking.  Not to say that magnesium doesn't help - dd now takes magnesium pills.  But that's what I remember. 

Hmm. Should I try magnesium with Gymnast? She has terrors and sleep walks. It's starting back up more often. Again. I was so tired one night, she actually got past me (she sleeps in the middle) and was already on the floor when I caught her.  :svengo:

• Like 1