Menu

Ignore this thread!

good morning.

i'm whispering because my head hurts. not sure if we're going to get anything accomplished today. :(

i didn't really even want to post, but it's been a while and i didn't want you all to worry.

((Junie)) don't push yourself to get things done. Just rest!
  • Like 2

Last time this happened they did a couple of CT scans, MRI, spinal tap, urinalysis (a UTI cam mimic a stroke, apparently), blood tests... no evidence of stroke.

Aneurysm?  (not sure I spelled that correctly....)

It was for me, too.  I found it hilarious, but the scundge is making laughing hard.  It's also making prolonged talking difficult.  We finished off grammar for this school year this morning, but I'm postponing finishing logic until later in the week.  Must stop talking now and drink more tea.  I just might lose my voice at some point this week.

#yayforEllie'spicturesquespeech

DS finished Practice Town on Friday.  We still have a few chapters of CE to go, though.

:grouphug: for what ails ya!

• Like 2

They had to stop open heart surgery because there were blood clots in his lungs. So now they are trying to dissolve the blood clots without setting off a heart attack or a stroke. Things are very dire. I know that his wife spent the night with him in ICU but she hasn't texted this morning yet.

:grouphug:  :grouphug: :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  

• Like 1

Jean, I know it's not quite as important as what is going on with your friend, but how is Rocky this morning? And how are you holding up since I know you are probably doing most of the care-giving?

He's existing.  He's back to not really eating.  He will take the food from my hand politely  but will then spit it out. He does love the peanut butter that his pills come hidden in.   In some ways he's more active but I don't see him being able to survive long term like this. 

It's a Rocky Update booyah. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 1

They had to stop open heart surgery because there were blood clots in his lungs. So now they are trying to dissolve the blood clots without setting off a heart attack or a stroke. Things are very dire. I know that his wife spent the night with him in ICU but she hasn't texted this morning yet.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  and prayers.  

• Like 3

Dh, ds and dd are gone until Wednesday - last college visiting trip for ds.  Dd just went along for the fun.  We had our last day of Classical Conversations today - at least for the younger ones.  DS in Challenge has 3 or 4 more weeks.  We have a break from most activities this week since it is spring break for local schools.  SOOOOOO nice to be done with CC.  The rest of the week is kind of messed up. With dd gone, there's no reason to do morning time.  So, I'm going to go ahead and do "end of year" testing with 11yo ds this week.  13yo and 8yo will have to wait a couple weeks and then I'll get them done as well.  So, it's a lazy, laid back, half-break week.  

• Like 5

Grrr.  Rocky feels well enough to be getting into mischief.  He won't eat his dog food - with the exception of a few pieces fed to him by hand by dd - but he will steal the cat's food.  And he stole Dh's pastrami sandwich and had a tug-of-war with me as I was trying to get it from him.  (Partly because it was on raisin bread and dogs can't have raisins). 

• Like 4

Please tell that's not for real, Lynn.  :ohmy:

Yep!  You can tell it's real by the pile of dirty clothes on the floor.  If I were talented enough to alter a photo, I would have left those out.  All those bubbles are mostly air, pumped up by the air-jet tub (it shoots air into the water instead of a spa-type jet that shoots water.)  She said afterward it was the shortest bubble bath ever because she had to get out before she was overtaken.   :laugh:

• Like 7

They took Dad to the hospital this morning. Mom said he didn't sleep all night. And she was awake most of the night, too. Fortunately my Aunt and Uncle came and spent the night with her. She called the doctor this morning and he said Dad needed to go back to the skilled nursing facility and they wouldn't take him until he'd been seen by a doctor. So, he went to ER. I called my mom half an hour ago and they were still waiting on some test results. She said he is really bonkers. They put socks on his hands because he's flailing wildly and his arms and face are all scratched and bruised up.

Aneurysm? (not sure I spelled that correctly....)

Last time the CT scans and MRI showed nothing of that. I don't know if they are going to do any of that this time. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

They took Dad to the hospital this morning. Mom said he didn't sleep all night. And she was awake most of the night, too. Fortunately my Aunt and Uncle came and spent the night with her. She called the doctor this morning and he said Dad needed to go back to the skilled nursing facility and they wouldn't take him until he'd been seen by a doctor. So, he went to ER. I called my mom half an hour ago and they were still waiting on some test results. She said he is really bonkers. They put socks on his hands because he's flailing wildly and his arms and face are all scratched and bruised up. Last time the CT scans and MRI showed nothing of that. I don't know if they are going to do any of that this time.

:grouphug: Krissi, I'm so sorry for the rough night.  Hope they are able to help this time!

Thank you for the cheer, Jeannie! The tree is beautiful and the bunny is huggable!

Lynn, I am so sorry!!

No worries.  We both laughed about it!  All it did was get our dirty clothes wet, which encouraged me to get the laundry going sooner!

• Like 5

Yep! You can tell it's real by the pile of dirty clothes on the floor. If I were talented enough to alter a photo, I would have left those out. All those bubbles are mostly air, pumped up by the air-jet tub (it shoots air into the water instead of a spa-type jet that shoots water.) She said afterward it was the shortest bubble bath ever because she had to get out before she was overtaken. :laugh:

OMW! The most awesome bath ever! :hurray:

• Like 2

They are keeping him sedated. I don't know how she's doing. I'm just waiting for general updates since I don't want to interrupt her time with doctors, family etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, no, you wouldn't want to do that.  I hope that she has people with her.  At least during my experience, the ordeal was much harder on my family-I just "slept" through the whole thing.

• Like 1

DS finished Practice Town on Friday.  We still have a few chapters of CE to go, though.

:grouphug: for what ails ya!

The congestion was affecting my ability to talk at length, so we finished up grammar today and are putting off finishing up logic until later in the week.  I also bowed us out of music lessons (DD15 also is congested and can't sing right now -- difficult with voice lessons) and skipped running to AFSA -- got DH to stop by Walgreen's to pick up my prescriptions.

Must get to orthodontist tomorrow.  We'll see whatever else we manage to get done. The girls did keep working independently on their other subjects, and I managed to get more cleaning done.

• Like 1

He's existing.  He's back to not really eating.  He will take the food from my hand politely  but will then spit it out. He does love the peanut butter that his pills come hidden in.   In some ways he's more active but I don't see him being able to survive long term like this. 

It's a Rocky Update booyah. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Here's some more cheer for you:  

This is what happened when youngest dd used too much bubble bath last night:

IMG_0441.jpg

Is that the bubble bath jug I see on the counter?  The more-than-half-empty one with blue-ish contents?

• Like 2

Yep!  You can tell it's real by the pile of dirty clothes on the floor.  If I were talented enough to alter a photo, I would have left those out.  All those bubbles are mostly air, pumped up by the air-jet tub (it shoots air into the water instead of a spa-type jet that shoots water.)  She said afterward it was the shortest bubble bath ever because she had to get out before she was overtaken.   :laugh:

I bet it was!  Was she filing, too?  I thought I saw the edge of a pocket file....

:laugh:

• Like 2

They took Dad to the hospital this morning. Mom said he didn't sleep all night. And she was awake most of the night, too. Fortunately my Aunt and Uncle came and spent the night with her. She called the doctor this morning and he said Dad needed to go back to the skilled nursing facility and they wouldn't take him until he'd been seen by a doctor. So, he went to ER. I called my mom half an hour ago and they were still waiting on some test results. She said he is really bonkers. They put socks on his hands because he's flailing wildly and his arms and face are all scratched and bruised up. Last time the CT scans and MRI showed nothing of that. I don't know if they are going to do any of that this time.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  And prayers, too.

• Like 1