Menu

I'm freaking out!! (health related)

dakarimom5

This morning I found a lump in my armpit. I am totally freaking out!! I called my doctor and have an appointment tomorrow but I am SCARED!! I have cried off and on all day. My DH, who is looking at this logically, keeps telling me not to worry, that I've been sick so it's probably a swollen lymph node. But I can't help being scared. So here I am on The Hive asking for prayers and good thoughts.

I have had this often -- most likely is an abcess or swollen lymph node. But also get my blood labs run every 6 months (with my rare liver disease) and so far, no sign of cancer or whatever. The only thing that bugs me when it happens is if I am wearing a certain bra... it is irritating. HTH

I almost wrote this post - except I found a lump in my breast. I go on Friday to have an ultrasound done. Good news is that so much is not cancer. I read 80% somewhere is not cancer, it varies with age and risk factors. Let us know how it goes. I will update when I know as well.

I almost wrote this post - except I found a lump in my breast. I go on Friday to have an ultrasound done. Good news is that so much is not cancer. I read 80% somewhere is not cancer, it varies with age and risk factors. Let us know how it goes. I will update when I know as well.

:grouphug: and prayers to you as well.

I had a lump in my armpit last March (first one ever). Went to the Dr., was given antibiotics, and it was literally gone the next day. I had been feeling under the weather and had a very low grade fever a few days before the lump appeared. I went for a follow-up 10 days later to be sure and all was well. I bet this is what it is :001_smile: . Please don't worry until you know you have something to worry about. I let myself get all worked up over things like this too though so I understand.

Keep us posted.

Please do update us.

Try not to panic. I had a lump in my armpit once, and it turned out to be an infection in a hair follicle or something like that. Antibiotics took care of it. If you've been sick, a lymph node is another likely explanation. Don't panic, okay?

Wendi

Ds has had a hard lump in his neck, a little smaller than a marble, for over a year. It's some sort of swollen gland. His friend had one too. I did struggle to breathe every time I thought about it until we managed to see a doctor, so I know how you feel, but chances are you have something similar. Incidentally, he's just been ill, and I noticed it seemed more prominent, so your dh's explanation seems very likely.

Update!!!!!

I went to the doctor and after a ten minute exam of both armpits......

He has diagnosed me with a fat deposit!! I know I'm a big girl but this never entered my mind. He did say that I have an upper resp. infection but not even my glands are swollen. I'm so glad. Thanks for all the prayers.

I just got back from my appointment. It was a giant cyst. It did not look like a cyst, and they were preparing to take a sample when the dr. Poked it and it drained. It was 3.5 cm by 2.5 and not round. So never give up hope. All is well that ends well. I will never miss a mammogram again.

I just got back from my appointment. It was a giant cyst. It did not look like a cyst, and they were preparing to take a sample when the dr. Poked it and it drained. It was 3.5 cm by 2.5 and not round. So never give up hope. All is well that ends well. I will never miss a mammogram again.

I'm glad your story ended well, too! :thumbup1: