Menu

What are you taking to help boost your Immune System?

We're not taking anything BECAUSE of the flu, we just always drink lots of water, get as much fresh air and exercise as we can, eat healthfully and wash our hands a good amount. I have a Pampered Chef garlic press and we all love garlic, so I use fresh pressed garlic pretty much everyday. I honestly feel that's helped us a lot!

Nothing. Swine flu is known for being hardest on those with healthy, strong immune systems so I'm suppressing mine and my kids' immune systems with fudge and microwave popcorn!

That was first time I cracked up in three days. Thanks:lol::lol::lol:

Can you send some suppresants my way!!!!!

We aren't doing anything different. We take Vit C regularly. If we start to come down with anything we add garlic and grapefruit seed extract. If it continues to get worse we pull out the echinacea and any symptom specific herbs needed.

If anyone has the achy flu symptoms, we use Oscillococcinum. It has worked great for us very quickly.

I am stocking up on echinacea, and am making my own tincture. I am also growing it.

Other than that, we take fish oil, spirulina, lots of kefir (probiotics), and I have many half used bottles of various things in my cupboard that I would probably get into if I felt flu was imminent. One of my favourite herbs for immune system is astragalus- I have lot of that in powder form, its just a case of getting it down.

We are not too worried here in Australia yet, though.

The flu kills many people each year. I am not yet convinced this is the pandemic they have been waiting for- it is just a variation of the more common strains. I am sure the normal statistics for flu would be worse- in countries other than Mexico- than the swine flu. It's very sensationalistic to print statistics for swine flu without comparing them to the more common flus.

Dh did buy masks yesterday, though. And we will stay indoors and isolate ourselves from public places if it comes close. But dh is already germ phobic so its just natural for him to go out and buy masks- its kind of a good excuse to get them when he would like to wear them in winter anyway :)

Good ol' sunshine, fresh air, and lots of microbes in the dirt, followed by good handwashing, esp after going out to do some shopping in public. If we actually come down with something, we'll take some echinacea/goldenseal, zinc, and a mega-dose of vitamin C, and occasionally some Oscillococcinum if we think we've been exposed to the flu. Oh, and we buy probiotic yogurt which the kids have nearly every day for lunch.

I am stocking up on echinacea, and am making my own tincture. I am also growing it.

Other than that, we take fish oil, spirulina, lots of kefir (probiotics), and I have many half used bottles of various things in my cupboard that I would probably get into if I felt flu was imminent. One of my favourite herbs for immune system is astragalus- I have lot of that in powder form, its just a case of getting it down.

We are not too worried here in Australia yet, though.

The flu kills many people each year. I am not yet convinced this is the pandemic they have been waiting for- it is just a variation of the more common strains. I am sure the normal statistics for flu would be worse- in countries other than Mexico- than the swine flu. It's very sensationalistic to print statistics for swine flu without comparing them to the more common flus.

Dh did buy masks yesterday, though. And we will stay indoors and isolate ourselves from public places if it comes close. But dh is already germ phobic so its just natural for him to go out and buy masks- its kind of a good excuse to get them when he would like to wear them in winter anyway :)

Just be aware the echincea may not be advised for if you GET this flu because it apparently increases production of cytokines TNF-a and IL-6.