Menu

A sad day for us

Our dog was diagnosed with lymphosarcoma a few months ago. She had been steadily declining, but this week it got much worse. Today it became clear that it was time and we had to let her go. She was only 6 & 1/2 years old.

I wanted to thank all who had responded to my previous thread about her and said we would know. You were so very, very right.

Our dog was diagnosed with lymphosarcoma a few months ago. She had been steadily declining, but this week it got much worse. Today it became clear that it was time and we had to let her go. She was only 6 & 1/2 years old.

I wanted to thank all who had responded to my previous thread about her and said we would know. You were so very, very right.

I am so sorry. Pets become such an intregal part of ones family.

Oh, Paula and family, I am so very, very sorry to hear this. Cancer is a horrible scourge, and the rate at which it's increasing in dogs is terrifying.

If I may ask, what breed was she? The reason I ask is that our breed (Leonbergers) is involved in several cancer studies at the Broad Institute. The studies are trying to find genetic markers for cancers in dogs, with the hope of translating that info to human cancers. I am good friends with one of the veterinarian microbiologist there, and would like to pass on the info--- just your dog's age and breed (or predominant breed if she was a mixed breed.)

Please know that we're thinking of you all during this difficult time. We lost our older ***** to breast cancer last June and the wound is still fresh.

In deepest sympathy,

Astrid