Menu

Book Samaritan Challenge, join me?

sandalwood

You know, I have been thinking about the Book Samaritan with all the recent posts and I now know someone personally who received a box from them just this week even though their website is not updated. Even though she didn't get exactly what she wanted, she got a generous box that was very carefully chosen for her grade level and in the subjects she requested.

I had a idea that may or may not have been posted before. What if those of us who could, sent something to them --- even if just one or two books to help this ministry. Media mail is not expensive at all for a box and a couple or thin books can fit in a flat rate priority env. for under $5. I know I have some stuff I can come up with that I am not using now and get it out asap.

Times are tough right now -- really tough and this is one place that is still giving, depending on God.

Will you join me in pledging to send something...however small? There contact info (mailing addy) is here: http://www.booksamaritan.com/howtohelp.html

And, no I do not have anything to do with them....I live way across the country from them & just felt this in my heart to post tonight.

Funny you should mention this, I just pulled out the books they gave to me a few years ago to send back to them with a few more that I no longer need. I received a box from them to use with the kids one year when the curric I was using was not working at all and I had no $$ left to buy more. They were so generous and I really appreciated everything they sent, and really want to help them out.

I have been thinkig about boxing up some books and sending them in for awhile. I will put that box together this week and get it in the mail this weekend!

(Sorry if there are any missing "n's"; that button isn't workig so well on my laptop.)

I have been thinkig about boxing up some books and sending them in for awhile. I will put that box together this week and get it in the mail this weekend!

(Sorry if there are any missing "n's"; that button isn't workig so well on my laptop.)

I have several items that could use a good home. I've been unable to sell them online for some reason. I've got things like BJU Algebra I in pristine condition and Story of the World I and IV in pristine condition. I'll box them up and send them off this week. Thank you for the suggestion.

Wonderful, wonderful! Thanks for replying! I found more books today than I thought I had to send. I thought I just had a few, but I've ended up with a huge box of stuff. I had been keeping some stuff for a "rainy" day and it never rained (Lol).. & now we are past those levels in books, etc. I'll be glad to get it out of my house, too!:lol: I have some crazy stuff like 3 and 4 sets of multiplication flash / division cards..... Why I have more than one set, who knows...

are amazing, and they care so much about the people who write them. The Book Samaritan is in my hometown, so I know how the operation runs on lots of volunteer hours and prayers! They have the house decorated with thank you letters from people who have been touched by the work of the Book Samaritan and the homeschoolers who have made donations. Many would have to quit homeschooling if not for the boost this ministry gives. I promise - if you would send in your good used curriculum instead of selling it for just pennies, it means the world to people!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the website for Book Samaritan is currently down. They are still in need of donations and will be happy to send you a tax receipt if you have a return address on your item. The mailing address for this ministry is:

Book Samaritan

1715 Grandview

Pawhuska, Ok

their email is booksamaritan@sbcglobal.net

Thank you for your donations.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I was so glad when I saw the original post because selling the stuff wouldn't work out since we are out of the country. I usually just give it away to someone in need or the public library when I happen to be visiting family over the summer. From now on I'll be sending it all to Book Samaritan.

Danielle

You know, I have been thinking about the Book Samaritan with all the recent posts and I now know someone personally who received a box from them just this week even though their website is not updated. Even though she didn't get exactly what she wanted, she got a generous box that was very carefully chosen for her grade level and in the subjects she requested.

I had a idea that may or may not have been posted before. What if those of us who could, sent something to them --- even if just one or two books to help this ministry. Media mail is not expensive at all for a box and a couple or thin books can fit in a flat rate priority env. for under $5. I know I have some stuff I can come up with that I am not using now and get it out asap.

Times are tough right now -- really tough and this is one place that is still giving, depending on God.

Will you join me in pledging to send something...however small? There contact info (mailing addy) is here: http://www.booksamaritan.com/howtohelp.html

And, no I do not have anything to do with them....I live way across the country from them & just felt this in my heart to post tonight.

YUP!!! I was going to come on here for contact info. We are almost done with a bunch of books and I just would rather pass tem on knowing they are going to a good home than sell any more this year.

Thanks for posting the info.

Faithe

• 3 weeks later...