Menu

Very funny story about a field trip with a twist...

My friend works with a woman whose daughter is a special ed teacher; she works with autistic children. The school took some of the classes to the local aquarium the other day, and the kids had a great time.

Later that evening, however, the teacher got a call from one of the moms. It seems that when her son came home, his jacket was quite damp. She asked him about it, but he offered no explanation. He did say he had a good day. He went upstairs for a while, and came down with his backpack. She noticed his backpack was damp, too. Again, no explanation.

Later she went upstairs to use the bathroom. No joke...she was on the toilet and just happened to glance at the tub. And, in the tub....was.....

a penguin!

Yes, a small penguin (I'm not sure what species, but small). It seems her son had, unnoticed by anyone, reached into an accessible exhibit and taken a penguin. How the bird stayed quiet in the backpack is a mystery; suffice it to say that the bird managed to come home in the backpack undiscovered, and the boy thoughtfully put it in the tub with some water.

After the mom nearly died from shock (thank goodness she was on the pot...), she called the aquarium. They were extremely understanding, blamed themselves for letting this happen, and sent out a truck to recover the bird.

LOL. Now that's a clever kid! He obviously took excellent care of the bird. It was quite happy in the tub. The mom, however, is probably still recovering.

Ria

My friend works with a woman whose daughter is a special ed teacher; she works with autistic children. The school took some of the classes to the local aquarium the other day, and the kids had a great time.

Later that evening, however, the teacher got a call from one of the moms. It seems that when her son came home, his jacket was quite damp. She asked him about it, but he offered no explanation. He did say he had a good day. He went upstairs for a while, and came down with his backpack. She noticed his backpack was damp, too. Again, no explanation.

Later she went upstairs to use the bathroom. No joke...she was on the toilet and just happened to glance at the tub. And, in the tub....was.....

a penguin!

Yes, a small penguin (I'm not sure what species, but small). It seems her son had, unnoticed by anyone, reached into an accessible exhibit and taken a penguin. How the bird stayed quiet in the backpack is a mystery; suffice it to say that the bird managed to come home in the backpack undiscovered, and the boy thoughtfully put it in the tub with some water.

After the mom nearly died from shock (thank goodness she was on the pot...), she called the aquarium. They were extremely understanding, blamed themselves for letting this happen, and sent out a truck to recover the bird.

LOL. Now that's a clever kid! He obviously took excellent care of the bird. It was quite happy in the tub. The mom, however, is probably still recovering.

Ria

THATS GREAT!!! and this kid should get a lifetime pass to the aquarium for taking care of the bird! haha thanks for sharing!

LOL. I just about fell over laughing when my friend told me! He said the woman got a call from her daughter today at work. They heard her talking and then say, "WHAT???" followed shortly by "A PENGUIN????"

Kids!

Ria

a penguin!

Ria

Now THAT is a great story!!!!!!!

Whoa! :lol:

OH, too funny!! That's a hoot! I'm going to tell my friend....because I'll bet his friend's daughter played an April Fool's joke on her, and tons of people fell for it!

LOL!!!

Ria