Menu

What week of the homeschooling year are you on?

Which kid and which subject? :rolleyes: It varies wildly.

For instance my 6th grader will have his math finished by May, but my 9th grader will work all summer in his algebra. Writing for both of them will continue into the summer. I do intend to take all of June off. Except for that we have too much to do. But we take lots of little breaks year round as we need them.

I have weekly spreadsheets for each boy, wherein I jot what's been accomplished for each subject, each day. This is my "after the fact" method of keeping track of what's going on. Also, we use SL, so we have those weekly schedules. We typically start our school year around the end of September and go through at least the end of June, if not into July. I take a few weeks off over Christmas and enjoy a break every six weeks or so. I don't think a super long summer break is advantageous for any of us but I do want total down time during all of August and into September.

Thanks so much for the input. I'm not trying to "catch up" to all of you - some of you are so far ahead of me I couldn't! But it helped to give me a sense of where we were in the year. I've decided that even if it means a little bit of work on the weekend (probably about an hour's worth only) - we will make the extra effort to get done with this week's work. We are starting to see some signs of spring and I know "spring fever" will only get worse the later in the year it gets!

Week 21 for 4th grade elementary level. Our dawdling highschooler has

finished 9th Grade English/Paces, Child Care, Glencoe/American School,

week 22 in Teaching Textbook Algebra 1, Week 8 Beautiful Feet American History/Lit

We are only on week 15 (and it is likely to overflow to next week because we aren't getting everything done this week). I'm pretty much resigned to homeschooling year-around this year. But I'm just wondering where everyone else is at.

I almost skipped this thread, because I thought it would be too depressing.

According to our history, I guess we're on about week 17--it's chapter 17, anyway. I keep writing out 6 week plans & calling 5 weeks 6, giving up, & planning a new 6 weeks.

We just haven't gotten anything done this year. First the new baby, then the move...now pg again. Luckily, the AM sickness was barely a blip on the radar screen this time. W/ #3, I was out. cold. for about 6-8 weeks.

I'm beginning to have more energy, though, & I can look at the piles of laundry with some kind of plan, so I'm hopeful. Plus, dh has somehow used his incredible power to manipulate & politick to convince me that I'm actually doing at least a decent job. What can I say? He's sweet!

No idea (we do year-round). This "week" is taking forever. Today is Friday, we did day 2 of my 4-day "week" which was started 2/12. So at this rate, whatever week we're on should be finished by the end of March. ;)

My nephew is in ps, and they are celebrating their "hundredth day" this week. With snow days, however, the actual hundredth day won't happen until next week. Apparently the celebration was too elaborately planned to be moved. :rolleyes: Nobody saw this coming? It's Michigan - we can usually expect some snow! Anyway, there's my little rant.... :)

Hey Missy! Some of us consider these fightin' words!! ;)

I'm like many others and don't really count weeks. We do the next the thing. My life has been one interruption after the other for two years strait. There is no way I would reach the mythical end to the school year. :rolleyes:

Of course I'm being cheeky about the "fightin' words". It just puts some of us in a tail spin to try and tally that number up.

Having said that, we've had two weeks of fantastic learning! If I could keep these weeks rolling I would be satisfied to never reach an "end".

Jo