Menu

We're moving next week!

We went & looked at the house today. It feels a lot bigger, is really pretty, has indoor utilities, an actual dining room, & a full-sized stove. (Most of the campus housing doesn't.)

The master bedroom looks big enough that we're going to use it as a hs room/back living room & just continue stacking kids in one bedroom. I know that sounds crazy, but it actually gives them more room to play.

It's also got a loop, so they can run in circles, lol. One of their favorite property features.

There's really no backyard, & there's no good place for outdoor toys, & there's no fence around any of it. We decided that being that close to campus, we can make the outdoor area work, but we may see if they'll put up a fence or maybe let us do it ourselves if we get desperate enough.

The windows are big, & it's got the big wooden blinds instead of the teeny ones that kids inevitable tear up.

And did I mention the indoor utility? I've never had that. I'm really excited to have a place to put laundry, lol.

So. We're going to squeeze one more crazy thing into our crazy lives. Coffee & boxes. My house. Anybody? :D

More space, yipee, but moving, I do not envy you. I still have a whole house to move.

But more space gives you such a sense of peace. I guess its Feng Shui.

Many blessings on your move. And nothing like stirring the pot. As long as it doesnt boil over.

The master bedroom looks big enough that we're going to use it as a hs room/back living room & just continue stacking kids in one bedroom. I know that sounds crazy, but it actually gives them more room to play.

I do not think all the kids in the same room is crazy.

My 11yo dd has already asked if her dear brother (5 months) can sleep in her room when he is out of my bed. Back in the day this is how it was. I think it is healthy.

With the ages your kids are I think it makes sense to put the kids all together (assuming they go to sleep ok). I have my 4 in 2 bedrooms and I occasionally ponder stacking them all up in one bedroom so the other bedroom could be a playroom (we live in a small house). Good luck with your move!

I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new space when you get there.

Sorry, but you live too far for me to run over with coffee and boxes, but I would if I could but I can't so I won't. Or something like that.

REally, Enjoy making the new space yours. And I am thankful we all wont' loose sleep worrying about you this summer in the heat!

I'm going to sound like a mom here, but please get enough sleep and don't try to do everything that you have to do. You know it will be impossible, right? It is really easy to strain muscles from packing boxes (especially while holding an infant -- ask my neighbor!!). And if you are out of commission completely, that won't do anybody any good.

I so wish we could help. But we have a whole 'nother country between us.

Is there a playground somewhere nearby the new house? Or a park of some kind?

Julie

I'm going to sound like a mom here, but please get enough sleep and don't try to do everything that you have to do. You know it will be impossible, right? It is really easy to strain muscles from packing boxes (especially while holding an infant -- ask my neighbor!!). And if you are out of commission completely, that won't do anybody any good.

I so wish we could help. But we have a whole 'nother country between us.

Is there a playground somewhere nearby the new house? Or a park of some kind?

Julie

Oh, you're so sweet! You're the one who convinced me to slow down last month.

My mom's so worried about us, she's requested time off work, & she's talking about coming down here FROM COLORADO to help. My grandmother wants to come w/ her (she's only 2 hrs away, but she's getting--don't tell her I said this--a *tad* old). They are so sweet, & I don't think they'll really do it. I hope they don't--they've got enough of their own things going on, but oh my. My mom's telling strangers on the bus about dh & me, &...I don't know. We sound funny & pathetic at the same time, when I *hear* it, kwim?

Yes, there will be a park w/in walking distance at the new place. And my dear neighbor who moved will be walking distance, & she has a "yard." Which is ten times better than the...I'm not sure what to call ours. There are 2 t-poles for a clothes line. The grass frames that. LOL

But we'll be just a few blocks off campus. It will take maybe 10 min to walk to the gym, which has a playground, an indoor pool, a weight room, walking machines, & of course a gym. Even w/out that, though, the campus is really pretty & great for walking. There are pecan trees everywhere, & the dc like to collect them, eat them, watch the squirrels, etc. Oh, & the fish pond. They have fish food, if you get there early enough. And a couple of turtles.

And dh says the campus library has a children's section, so depending on how good it is, we'll be walking distance of a little library, too.

The house is so much brighter & bigger & prettier than the apt, though, that it might be ok to just stay put.

If it is an "all-purpose" university, LOL, and not just a seminary, their children's section will be pretty thorough because of elementary education programs. At least that is why our university, small as it is, has an excellent selection of children's books. There is no "children's area" suited for little ones, but I often see teachers in there checking out books for their classrooms. (And of course a few of us "fake teachers" :)).

Julie