Menu

Cooling blankets/ cotton blankets

KatieJ

we are looking to replace the polyester blanket in our bed. I do not  have night sweats. We do sleep with a ceiling g fan and I frequently am tossing covers. Maybe we need something g different than our pyester blanket.
We like the weight of a thinner blanket plus the light quilted spread. 

Any sugggestions on what I should be looking for?

I don’t shop in many stores due to health reasons.
Amazon would be ideal. 

Edited by KatieJ
  • Like 1

• KatieJ changed the title to Cooling blankets/ cotton blankets

I bought this one from Amazon 

https://a.co/d/0dQJ7RSB

I’ve been pretty happy with it. With my cotton sheets, it’s a nice weight with enough warmth but it breathes (I get sweaty with polyester bedding).  My only minor dislike is that it can’t be dried in the dryer because it shrinks. If I were buying again I might size up for just that reason. 

17 hours ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

I bought this one from Amazon 

https://a.co/d/0dQJ7RSB

I’ve been pretty happy with it. With my cotton sheets, it’s a nice weight with enough warmth but it breathes (I get sweaty with polyester bedding).  My only minor dislike is that it can’t be dried in the dryer because it shrinks. If I were buying again I might size up for just that reason. 

How is this one as far as snagging goes? Several years ago I bought a cotton bedspread for summer, which I love but it snags very easily and now doesn’t look nice. I’ve been thinking of replacing it but want to find one less prone to snags. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emba said:

How is this one as far as snagging goes? Several years ago I bought a cotton bedspread for summer, which I love but it snags very easily and now doesn’t look nice. I’ve been thinking of replacing it but want to find one less prone to snags. 

It does snag easily. I have to be careful with it. I forgot to mention that! 

• Thanks 1

https://www.amazon.com/Cooling-Blanket-Hot-Sleepers-Lightweight/dp/B09N51L8H1/ref=asc_df_B09N51L8H1/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=693770002460&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=893506641884383192&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1018794&hvtargid=pla-1657410041968&psc=1&mcid=339a1415fa36337db057a53fbad6b1b5&gad_source=1

I really cannot talk up this cooling blanket enough. It's not just "cool" or "breathable" but actually truly coolING. Like, I sometimes wake up cold, which I almost never am even in the dead of winter. Idk how it lowers body temperature but it absolutely does. I recently bought one for a friend and she loves it as much as I do, and her husband is jealous of how nice it feels lol. 

Everyone who lives in summer/runs hot/is in peri/menopause or heaven forbid all three should have one! A lifesaver I tell you. 

• Thanks 3

I sleep under an actual throw blanket. It has a loose weave. You can see light through it. It was, like, $16.00. My feet stick out, but I wear thick socks. I still don’t like my feet sticking out. But it does keep me cool. It’s not very soft on my skin, though. The more I wash it, the tougher it feels. 

Anyway, I saw this one. 

https://a.co/d/0hWm7nKD

It’s expensive, though. It’s supposed to be pet proof and snag proof. And really soft. Reviews are really good, and people say it is truly cooling without making you feel cold. 

Aside: I need to take some of the millet hulls out of my pillow. I think. 🤔 

Edited by Indigo Blue

Ok. I bought the one MEmama linked above and I woke up cold last night! I had to find another blanket to add on top. I have a fan running beside my bed too and maybe the constant air helped keep it cool too? I don’t know, but I’m trying it again tonight  😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toocrazy!! said:

Ok. I bought the one MEmama linked above and I woke up cold last night! I had to find another blanket to add on top. I have a fan running beside my bed too and maybe the constant air helped keep it cool too? I don’t know, but I’m trying it again tonight  😀

It's amazing, right?!

The description says it uses "Japanese icy fibers", which idk what that's supposed to mean but since it works I'm not questioning it lol

2 hours ago, MEmama said:

It's amazing, right?!

The description says it uses "Japanese icy fibers", which idk what that's supposed to mean but since it works I'm not questioning it lol

Worked last night too! 🎉🎉

• Like 1

My favorite blanket growing up was more of a heavy crocheted tablecloth/bedspread.  It had weight to it, but the pattern (some sort of pineapple or pinwheel stitch) left enough gaps to allow the heat to escape.  In a house without AC, it was absolutely wonderful.  I need to make one for my own bed here.

• 1 month later...