Menu

Places for wedding registry?

My oldest dd got engaged this past weekend!  They are still trying to decide on a date, but probably in January.  This summer they will probably want to create their wedding registry, but where?  So many physical stores like Bed, Bath, & Beyond have closed.  I know Amazon is popular.  They will probably make one there, but are there any good physical stores where they can go in and look at things, see the quality, etc.?

Lately I’ve seen Target, Crate and Barrel, West Elm as actual stores. Sometimes Lowe’s or Home Depot. 
I was just invited to a wedding where all the info is on theknot and all the different store registries are included there. 

• Like 5

Look into wedding websites like The Knot. My daughter was able to register for specific items at multiple stories and also create an easy, pretty online page for her wedding. You could order online or go to the store itself. Guests loved looking at her pictures and reading her story, and it made gifts super easy, especially since they were moving to another state after the wedding.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Toocrazy!! said:

Lately I’ve seen Target, Crate and Barrel, West Elm as actual stores. Sometimes Lowe’s or Home Depot. 
I was just invited to a wedding where all the info is on theknot and all the different store registries are included there. 

This has been my experience lately too. 

11 hours ago, athena1277 said:

They will probably make one there, but are there any good physical stores where they can go in and look at things, see the quality, etc.?

For kitchenware, I love window shopping at William Sonoma. I do buy sometimes from them.

Spring catalog link https://view.publitas.com/williams-sonoma/spring-2024-qqwwzwjwym7m/page/1

For storage and organization, I window shop at The Container Store. 

online catalog https://www.containerstore.com/ecatalog/index.htm

My nephew is getting married in a month. They have a page on the theknot website and it has their registry on it. Each item says where it is from with a link to purchase. Or multiple links if it is available more than one place. I've purchased several items because of showers, etc. and it's been seamless so far. Some purchases were automatically moved to the already purchased section. Some (I think Amazon purchases) I went back to theknot and marked them purchased and typed in my Amazon order number. They had items from Target, Amazon and Crate & Barrel on their theknot registry.

• Like 2

Well, my son just got engaged a couple of weeks ago, and I just checked and sure enough.  My future daughter-in-law has created a website on The Knot.  Their registry has TONS of items and when you click on the link, it takes you to Amazon, Target, etc.  wherever the product can be found.  It is also a place that can give details about the event, a fun place to put how they met, information about the Bridal party, special instructions, etc.

The only wedding we have been to recently had a wedding page on a site like the knot but it wasn’t that. I can’t remember the name of it now but same concept. They had an Amazon registry and then a way to do cash for honeymoon or cash for their home project they were working on. The Amazon registry they had linked was confusing. And I am a big Amazon shopper and I’m not confused by registries or online shopping but something about it was very cumbersome and difficult to use. I wanted to buy a gift and have it sent to their home because they live very far away but I ended up just giving cash for the honeymoon. 

I can’t remember what it was that made me balk at the Amazon registry. I think it was something like the buyer was responsible for going to a separate page and marking off that it had been purchased or some extra step? I can’t remember exactly but I wasn’t confident that whatever I was buying off the registry hadn’t already been purchased. It was just weird and the couple was going to being living in a remote location and I just didn’t want them having duplicate gifts to deal with and the registry was just not user friendly.

Dd used Target and Amazon, tho I believe Walmart has one, too.  She was able to buy Amazon items she wasn't gifted with a discount for having registered there.  It is handy so you don't have to carry the gift to the wedding; they will ship to the bride and groom.  Son used Menards and Target, if I remember right.

• Like 1