Menu

Mica Miller

DawnM

Is anyone else following this story?

John-Paul Miller, a pastor, announces his wife died from a self inflicted cause AFTER preaching a full sermon.  It was bizarre.   

Many feel he did it.

I am in Myrtle Beach right now, so it is a big deal here.

He and Mica met and were married to other people and they cheated on their former spouses to marry.   Their marriage was on the rocks and he seems to have been already dating someone else and was seen in a bar with her shortly after Mica's death.

The whole thing is very SUS!

• Sad 9

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve only seen a little about it but I agree that the whole thing is super weird.  

There are Instagram (I think) videos of her talking about how she recently left an abusive relationship that make it even worse.  

• Like 5

She posted claims of physical abuse, and her family believed she was abused. She had filed for divorce and seemed to have a plan in place for a future without him. Since the most dangerous time for an abused person is when they are attempting to escape an abuser, it makes me believe the odds are that he did it.

I also think it was telling that he told his congregation that they were to leave immediately and not to talk to each other. Attempting to control the narrative at that level is a pretty big red flag.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

She posted claims of physical abuse, and her family believed she was abused. She had filed for divorce and seemed to have a plan in place for a future without him. Since the most dangerous time for an abused person is when they are attempting to escape an abuser, it makes me believe the odds are that he did it.

I also think it was telling that he told his congregation that they were to leave immediately and not to talk to each other. Attempting to control the narrative at that level is a pretty big red flag.

Yes, it is all sus.  He has tried to say she was diagnosed with some serious mental illnesses.   That info only seems to come from him though.

He started a church with no training, no seminary, and he know ONE Bible verse......just weird.

• Like 3

Just now, DawnM said:

Yes, it is all sus.  He has tried to say she was diagnosed with some serious mental illnesses.   That info only seems to come from him though.

He started a church with no training, no seminary, and he know ONE Bible verse......just weird.

Agreed. Very very weird.

Off topic, but I do not get the current popularity of churches with uneducated pastors at the helm. It is bizarre.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Agreed. Very very weird.

Off topic, but I do not get the current popularity of churches with uneducated pastors at the helm. It is bizarre.

I didn't even know there were very many of them.   And with two divorced/remarried people who had affairs to get married, etc.....

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Heartstrings said:

Today I have seen the”bombshell” that he already had a girlfriend.  

Yes, apparently for months!  And he ben seen with her several times in public since he announced her death.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Today I heard that the girlfriend’s husband also died in an accident. But I think before the pastor guy was in the picture. 

Yes, he was in a wheelchair and some have said she told them he killed himself and others said she told them it was an accident......more SUS details.

The "pastor" conducted the man's funeral!

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, DawnM said:

Yes, he was in a wheelchair and some have said she told them he killed himself and others said she told them it was an accident......more SUS details.

Oh that’s right! Ugh. It is giving me Lori/chad Daybell vibes 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Heartstrings said:

I honestly have more questions about his congregation. Who puts themselves under this sort of man?  

right?   He reminds me a bit of Steven Furtick, of whom I also don't "get" the appeal!

• Like 1

Assuming he does have an alibi, I think he is still at least partially responsible because the way he treated her contributed to her mental state being so bad. Sure, she participated in having an affair w him when he (and I read she) were married, but if he had been grooming her since she was a young teen, who knows how brainwashed she was. 
I watched him telling the congregation and was just floored. Who are these people who look to him as a spiritual leader???????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Annie G said:

Assuming he does have an alibi, I think he is still at least partially responsible because the way he treated her contributed to her mental state being so bad. Sure, she participated in having an affair w him when he (and I read she) were married, but if he had been grooming her since she was a young teen, who knows how brainwashed she was. 
I watched him telling the congregation and was just floored. Who are these people who look to him as a spiritual leader???????

I just read that the "self inflicted" GSW was to the back of the head!

• Sad 6

It is especially creepy that she began attending the church when she was 14. He was 28, and "befriended" her. 14 and 28. So I get it that she had an affair with him while married to someone else, but she was 23 when she divorced and married him. Married, affair, and divorce by 23. That doesn't happen in a vacuum. Given everything we know about predators, I have to think he groomed her from her teen years.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

It is especially creepy that she began attending the church when she was 14. He was 28, and "befriended" her. 14 and 28. So I get it that she had an affair with him while married to someone else, but she was 23 when she divorced and married him. Married, affair, and divorce by 23. That doesn't happen in a vacuum. Given everything we know about predators, I have to think he groomed her from her teen years.

I agree, but if it turns out that they conspired together to kill their respective spouses so they could be together, I would have no sympathy for her, groomed or not.

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

57 minutes ago, DawnM said:

I just read that the "self inflicted" GSW was to the back of the head!

I have a feeling we will soon be seeing a news story about the "pastor" and his girlfriend being charged with two murders. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I agree, but if it turns out that they conspired together to kill their respective spouses so they could be together, I would have no sympathy for her, groomed or not.

Okay, wait I am confused. Was Mica's first husband killed or died under suspicious circumstances? Mica is the one I was referring to as being 14 when he friended her. I haven't read much of anything about the new girlfriend.

10 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Okay, wait I am confused. Was Mica's first husband killed or died under suspicious circumstances? Mica is the one I was referring to as being 14 when he friended her. I haven't read much of anything about the new girlfriend.

The new girlfriend’s  husband died by drowning in their community pool. 

39 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

No, you're not the one who is confused -- I'm the one who's getting the story messed up! 🙂 

26 minutes ago, Annie G said:

Thanks. I am only learning about this story on this thread and I'm getting confused about who's who and who might have done what.

The "pastor" dude sounds pretty murdery to me so far, though!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

No, you're not the one who is confused -- I'm the one who's getting the story messed up! 🙂 

No worries. It is a lot of CRAZY to keep track of for sure.

So the new girlfriend's husband died by drowning in a community pool. Did anyone check to see if Miller was holding the man's head under water? 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Annie G said:

Yes, sorry.

John Paul Miller had 3 women in his life:

1. Ex-wife (who has filed a no contact order and several DV charges against him)

2. Mica (who was married to someone else before JP, even though she was "groomed" by him at 15 and in youth group)

3. New Girlfriend (whose husband died by drowning in a pool)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Heartstrings said:

I honestly have more questions about his congregation. Who puts themselves under this sort of man?  

I don’t find it too surprising given studies that show how little many Christians know about the Bible and some of the absolutely terrible, unqualified leaders we elect in this country. It seems like lots of people are very willing to follow immoral, unqualified leaders whether in their spiritual lives or their everyday lives. And it’s certainly not unique to the US right now, but can be found across time and place.

• Like 18

23 minutes ago, DawnM said:

Yes, sorry.

John Paul Miller had 3 women in his life:

1. Ex-wife (who has filed a no contact order and several DV charges against him)

2. Mica (who was married to someone else before JP, even though she was "groomed" by him at 15 and in youth group)

3. New Girlfriend (whose husband died by drowning in a pool)

*3 that we know of. Who knows how many young girls he tried to groom. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Annie G said:

*3 that we know of. Who knows how many young girls he tried to groom. 

Well, 3 that we have discussed and that people are getting confused about, that was really what I was trying to clear up.   

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DawnM said:

Well, 3 that we have discussed and that people are getting confused about, that was really what I was trying to clear up.   

You’re right- and I should probably wrap my mind around these three before I even contemplate adding any more characters to this drama!

• Like 3

I just read a long write up on Reddit about it (on the NC sub). I’d never heard of these people before yesterday, but based on the article, I’m amazed that that church has any members. This man may be charismatic, but he sounds like a psycho, corrupt and blatantly living against Biblical teachings. 

Here’s what I read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NorthCarolina/s/LbptQrV9Qv

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

I just read a long write up on Reddit about it (on the NC sub). I’d never heard of these people before yesterday, but based on the article, I’m amazed that that church has any members. This man may be charismatic, but he sounds like a psycho, corrupt and blatantly living against Biblical teachings. 

Here’s what I read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NorthCarolina/s/LbptQrV9Qv

Wow, that was a good summary.  Thank you.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the link to the Reddit summary. I’m sure there are some things that are not accurate but on the whole it gives a good outline. I just watched the video where from the pulpit he told about going through his wife’s phone while she was hospitalized. He was so angry that people had told Mica that they were there for her to talk about what was going on in her marriage.  Holy cow that guy is an awful dude.

Edited by Annie G
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Annie G said:

You’re right- and I should probably wrap my mind around these three before I even contemplate adding any more characters to this drama!

And now I am reading very disturbing things about JP's FATHER.   Yikes.   

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Heartstrings said:

💯This was my first thought as well. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Heartstrings said:

I am amazed every day at some of these fleecers.   

• Like 5

7 hours ago, mmasc said:

💯This was my first thought as well. 

I think it is a bubble thing. They already function under certain false assumptions about the bible, and within a sphere that believes certain things about the USA and christianity. Their beliefs are not supported by trained theologians/scholars and most of the best seminaries are very cautious about who can enroll there. So untrained or "bible school" candidates make the best pastors in their minds because they are "uncorrupted" by theology, seminary, and scholarship. Like the church in Missouri several years ago that advertised to come to their church if you were tired of your pastor preaching about ancient languages and societies (I forget the exact wording, but this is the jist), and come to their church where the pastor preaches from the true Bible, the KJV. 

• Like 5

So I’ve been reading some Reddit threads about this with tons of screenshots of posts from people who know these people and the church. I hope this guy and his gf and under constant surveillance because they must be a flight risk with so much info coming out. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, popmom said:

So I’ve been reading some Reddit threads about this with tons of screenshots of posts from people who know these people and the church. I hope this guy and his gf and under constant surveillance because they must be a flight risk with so much info coming out. 

He was trying to leave and go to the Bahamas, I am hoping they freeze his passport.

They are 100% a flight risk.

• Like 4

Did anyone see any of the funeral?  I watched when her sister got up, but didn't stick around to watch more.   Did anyone see if her husband spoke at all?

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

He was trying to leave and go to the Bahamas, I am hoping they freeze his passport.

They are 100% a flight risk.

I hope so, too, because if they don't, he will be GONE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Faith-manor said:

Oh good grief. Highly likely this pair was making a run for it. 

LOL...I can just see it: "God will have called him to preach at xyz remote location where there is no extradition treaty"

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Heartstrings said:

I'm seeing reports from church members that he has bee seeing his girlfriend since 2021.   This thing keeps getting weirder. 

Yes, and more suspicious!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Heartstrings said:

I'm seeing reports from church members that he has bee seeing his girlfriend since 2021.   This thing keeps getting weirder. 

So they've been together since the girlfriend's paralyzed husband "committed suicide" by throwing himself from his wheelchair into a swimming pool...

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

So they've been together since the girlfriend's paralyzed husband "committed suicide" by throwing himself from his wheelchair into a swimming pool.

Oh my word. I smell a really massive rat here!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corraleno said:

So they've been together since the girlfriend's paralyzed husband "committed suicide" by throwing himself from his wheelchair into a swimming pool...

At something like one o’clock in the morning, I think I read? Not their backyard pool but the neighborhood pool? Yeah fishy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1