Menu

I need a new purse and wallet -- suggestions?

Shelydon

I currently have a huge checkbook size wallet.  I'd like something smaller, but it needs to hold 20 plus credit cards-- rather plastic cards that are credit sized.  It seems like every thing these days are made that size and need to be in my wallet.  I like a medium sized purse that is a shoulder bag.  My current purses are too big, but I can't get something tiny  I am not ever sure where to start looking !  I haven't purchased a new wallet or purse in a decade.

1 hour ago, Shelydon said:

My current purses are too big, but I can't get something tiny

What do you need it to fit? My small ones can only fit a phone, small wallet, power bank, hotspot.  My slightly larger ones can fit a continental wallet.

Also are you looking for casual or semi formal, zipped or magnetic closure or open

As for wallets, for 20 credit card size items, I have to use my continental wallet because I like to see my cards. My husband just squeeze his in a stack in his bifold wallet and it ends up looking bulky. 

This is likely unpopular, but I leave my tote bag in my car, filled with "just in case" items,  and just carry with me (in pockets) what I need (into the store, etc). 
I started this when the kids were babies---having all kinds of backup items in the van, just in case . . . but just bringing a key and a credit card in my pocket.

• Like 4

I'll second the Baggalini and Kipling bags. I find Baggalini especially well organized.

But my favorite for the last 4-5 years is Tom Bihn (thanks to someone on here who suggested them). I have a Side Kick, Everyday Cubelet, and a Cafe Bag (I think I have medium but maybe it is the small). I personally like bright color bags - they make me happy to look at them and they really stick out if you put them down in a restaurant bench seat - so they aren't easy to overlook/forget. https://www.tombihn.com/collections/shoulder-bags

I've tried the accordion wallets, and it just didn't work for me. I now have one of the Big Skinny MyPhone wallets - I don't actually keep my phone in it. That was my intention in the beginning - but that doesn't work for me but I liked the layout and everything else worked. I'm thinking of trying one of their smaller wallets. Again, I like bright colors, and there are plenty here!   https://www.bigskinny.net/wallets-for-women.html

Good luck finding a good wallet and purse! 

14 hours ago, Carol in Cal. said:

Levenger

I can attest to the quality of Levenger wallets. My husband bought me one about twenty-five years ago (sadly a style they no longer make), and it is only now starting to wear.

Regards,

Kareni

Thank you all!  Years ago I had a Bagallini Sidney.  I would now be too big for what I am looking for, but their small crossbody's are too little.  I will take a look at Kipling, I haven't heard of those. The Big Skinny wallet looks perfect for what I need, so I can check that off my list. 

9 hours ago, Beth S said:

This is likely unpopular, but I leave my tote bag in my car, filled with "just in case" items,  and just carry with me (in pockets) what I need (into the store, etc). 
I started this when the kids were babies---having all kinds of backup items in the van, just in case . . . but just bringing a key and a credit card in my pocket.

I keep my console full of 'extras' like a just in case lighter, full first aid kit, ziploc baggies, pad of paper etc.  My purse has the little first aid kits, pens and a sharpie, wallet, hand lotion etc. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Arcadia said:

What do you need it to fit? My small ones can only fit a phone, small wallet, power bank, hotspot.  My slightly larger ones can fit a continental wallet.

Also are you looking for casual or semi formal, zipped or magnetic closure or open

As for wallets, for 20 credit card size items, I have to use my continental wallet because I like to see my cards. My husband just squeeze his in a stack in his bifold wallet and it ends up looking bulky. 

I always carry a wallet with all the cards for all the things, phone, first aid kit, pens, pocket knife, small multitool, keys to all the buildings I have to access on a regular basis chapstick, hand lotion.

I generally prefer zip closure and a casual look.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Carol in Cal. said:

Atenti is made in California, and very good quality.  I usually buy mine at knitting stores (a win win because I like supporting LYS’s and local makers) but they do have a website:  https://www.atentifabricandhome.com/

And, I never see another one just like mine on anyone else, and get tons of compliments on mine.

Those are fun!

I am not sure what size purse you are looking for, but I have a Sherpani Sadie that fits everything I need to carry-and even has a place for sunglasses and reading glasses. Sherpani has a great website, or you can get them from Amazon.

Big Skinny has a larger wallet called Trixie that can hold a lot of cards without being too bulky.