Menu

Storms in middle Tennessee

fairfarmhand

Glad you are okay.  Those are some scary storms.  I saw the video from Hendersonville and it's horrible.  I have three friends in Clarksville who are all okay but they said the damage is very bad and there have been fatalities.  😞 

Hope everyone is safe.  

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

We’re sitting here in the dark with candles and the powers been out for an hour or so. We’re fun tho.
clarksville had some bad tornadoes and there were a few in other  nearby areas as well as Nashville. 

Everyone else ok?

I've been watching friends there post that they're okay and also posting pics of the devastation. Dh's former co-worker lives about a mile from the touchdown. I miss my friends there, but I really don't miss all of the tornado scares there. We have some in Ohio but nothing like there. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, jrn said:

It came way too close for comfort here in Clarksville. Our house is standing, but only a few blocks away they are not. 

We used to live in Clarksville. Our old church in Clarksville posted pics of the clean-up work. A friend shared that one of their friends lost their son. It's all so sad.

• Sad 11

On 12/10/2023 at 1:57 PM, ScoutTN said:

Glad you are ok! Were your neighbors hurt? 

None of my immediate neighbors were hurt. I don’t know about the greater neighborhood ( I’m new here and a bit of an introvert). 114 houses destroyed and over 800 damaged. 3 deaths, 60? injured. Schools have been closed for the week. 1100 still without power.
Public school bus drivers are transporting volunteers to affected areas. Churches have set up the donations, portable showers and laundry trailers. So many local business are cooking or donating their services free of charge. The outpouring of help is amazing. 

• Sad 6

5 minutes ago, jrn said:

None of my immediate neighbors were hurt. I don’t know about the greater neighborhood ( I’m new here and a bit of an introvert). 114 houses destroyed and over 800 damaged. 3 deaths, 60? injured. Schools have been closed for the week. 1100 still without power.
Public school bus drivers are transporting volunteers to affected areas. Churches have set up the donations, portable showers and laundry trailers. So many local business are cooking or donating their services free of charge. The outpouring of help is amazing. 

I have friends in Clarksville and they said there are hundreds of volunteers; schools are collecting and distributing donations too.  

• Like 1

We were in Goodlettsville during the tornado for my BIL's Celebration of Life.  It was in a golf clubhouse which was mostly windows.  We were without power for a couple hours.  There were many families there who came for the piano recital of his students and they had planned to leave thought better of being on the road at that time.  Since we were in from out of town and not familiar with the larger Nashville area, had no idea were the path was in relation to where we were.  I spent much of the time in a hallway by the bathrooms while most of the attendees hung out in that death trap of a room.  My super sweet daughter was entertaining her 4 year old cousin by making shadow puppets with the phone flashlight.  

I am so sad to hear about the death and destruction.  Glad to hear that the boardies here are safe.

• Like 5