Menu

Israel

sassenach

Just piggybacking on mention of news clips - be really careful of social media at this time.

There are videos circulating of female r*pe victims, including desecration of their bodies after death, and some of the videos open automatically. 

You don't want to see some of this stuff.

The Guardian, The BBC, Al-Jazeera all have live blogs which are a better option than social media.

Edited by Melissa Louise
  • Sad 15

12 minutes ago, Starr said:

And now in retaliation civilian Highrises and communities are being bombed. 😞

What did Hamas expect? 

Regardless of the justice of Palestinian human rights, Hamas knew this would be the outcome, not only for Israelis, but for ordinary Palestinians. 

Terrorists cause terror, and it is indiscriminate. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

A Jewish friend of mine who was in Gaza visiting his wife's family was able to fly out this morning, but they had to leave her parents behind.  There really is no place safe to go in Gaza, and the vast majority of people living there can't leave.  My friends had no idea yesterday why there were missiles coming down around them until they were able to get news reports.

I have Israeli and Palestinian friends, and I hate to think of what is happening there.  I also have Filipina and American friends living in Israel now (although not in southern Israel, so they are currently out of harm's way).  

The attacks by Hamas were absolutely horrific.  I am concerned that many Palestinians are not really seeing how awful Hamas's actions were, and that this will not help the Palestinian cause at all.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 15

5 minutes ago, Amira said:

A Jewish friend of mine who was in Gaza visiting his wife's family was able to fly out this morning, but they had to leave her parents behind.  There really is no place safe to go in Gaza, and the vast majority of people living there can't leave.  My friends had no idea yesterday why there were missiles coming down around them until they were able to get news reports.

I have Israeli and Palestinian friends, and I hate to think of what is happening there.  I also have Filipina and American friends living in Israel now (although not in southern Israel, so they are currently out of harm's way).  

The attacks by Hamas were absolutely horrific.  I am concerned that many Palestinians are not really seeing how awful Hamas's actions were, and that this will not help the Palestinian cause at all.  

I hope your friends and their families will be ok.

This last paragraph.

100%.

Israel will not allow itself to be destroyed.

Nobody should be cheering on the destruction of an (imperfect) democracy that provides refuge from one of humanities oldest and most enduring forms of prejudice and hatred. 

Action predicated on the basis that it must be destroyed will not win human rights for Palestinians. 

After Hamas murdered and desecrated the corpse of a young German woman, Germany is rethinking ALL its aid to the Palestinians.

How does that help Palestinian women and children? 

I'm appalled that there were people in my city out celebrating Hamas last night. They had the same access to news I did. No decent human celebrates terror. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 8