Menu

Products that don't exist (yet), but should

Kanin

9 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

Stall doors in women’s bathrooms that actually lock and stay locked even with people are coming and going in other stalls……at a convention center for a conference now and this is an issue

Yes. And I would also like stalls to be made that don’t have those cracks in the sides of the doors. 

• Like 7

On 2/23/2023 at 9:44 AM, Indigo Blue said:

Yes. And I would also like stalls to be made that don’t have those cracks in the sides of the doors. 

DH and I once stopped at some huge rest station that had the most amazing bathrooms stalls ever. Brick walls on three sides to the ground and an actual full-length door that shut and locked. And they were super clean. Amazing.

My favorite bathroom stalls are in Chicago O'Hare Airport--they have machines that wrap the entire toilet seat in fresh plastic film for each user. 💖

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 4

On 2/21/2023 at 1:55 PM, KeriJ said:

Bacon packaged in a way that isn't a giant pain to deal with!

Hormel Black Label Microwave Ready bacon is packaged with two thin slices per pocket. I bought it by mistake and it's not a pain to deal with. There is a ridiculous amount of plastic for the number of slices and it's pricey. I'll deal with the mess next time. 

You can see the packaging here:  https://youtu.be/bsPLoL5SA4c

On 2/24/2023 at 3:00 PM, prairiewindmomma said:

Custom bra underwire kit. You buy a molding material, shape it to yourself, and then bake it to cure the shape before sliding it into a bra material kit. It is so hard to find a proper bOOkshelf. (Yes, I have been fitted and measured properly.) 

Many years ago making a plaster cast of one's torso, including books, while pregnant was a thing. I imagine the same technique could be applied and a person who is skilled with sewing could manage. Probably not cheap.

On 2/21/2023 at 1:55 PM, KeriJ said:

Bacon packaged in a way that isn't a giant pain to deal with!

On 2/21/2023 at 3:03 PM, Lady Florida. said:

And seals back up properly. Those "easy reseal" packages don't actually reseal.

O.o

Do you all not have butcher's near you? They wrap it in an easy to manage way.

Our grocery store's meat selection is kind of terrifying, so I end up at the butcher when I buy meat. So much easier. 

2 hours ago, Spryte said:

A meal kit delivery service that will accommodate multiple food allergies. Or a chef, but those already exist — just not in our budget. Better yet, I’ll second the replicator.

On that note, a transporter.

A transporter with biofilters! Send all the people through and filter out covid!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SHP said:

Many years ago making a plaster cast of one's torso, including books, while pregnant was a thing. I imagine the same technique could be applied and a person who is skilled with sewing could manage. Probably not cheap.

I have gone down this road a little bit (nickel allergy here, and most underwires contain nickel) but, yes, it is hella pricey to dive into custom lingerie.

On 2/23/2023 at 6:51 AM, Indigo Blue said:

Our son recently installed a Nest thermostat for us. Life changing. I will definitely consider getting Nest smoke alarms. I would love the ability to have more sensible control of those things that sometimes seem to have a mind of their own. The Nest ones get good reviews. They also detect carbon monoxide. 

We have them throughout our house. Love them. Only complaint is they have gone off when a kid has a humidifier in their room on the highest setting (when sick).