Menu

Another mystery in our house

Terabith

I was baking a cake with chocolate fudge type frosting, and one of the steps is after you cook the frosting, you plunge it into a bowl of ice cold water while you stir it until it hardens sufficiently, and then spread it on the cake.  So I needed ice for the bowl, to make it really cold.  So I took the ice out of the tray under our ice maker and dumped it into my bowl.  

But then I realized that our ice tray was covered in a pretty large layer of garlic powder.  

Not like a little bit.  This was a LOT of garlic powder.  

I had not cleaned my ice tray in a long time.  Years.  Because our ice always tasted really bad, so I just didn't use it.  I mostly kept the ice maker turned off and used the tray to store frozen veggies on top of the few cubes.  My husband swore that he had cleaned it within memory though.  

On the plus side, the ice tastes MUCH MUCH better now.  

Anyone have any ideas on how this happened?  Kids and former housemate have all vehemently denied it, and honestly, my kids are just not creative to come up with the idea of putting garlic powder in the ice tray.  That just is not the kind of thing that would ever occur to them.  

• Haha 16

Maybe you have  imps tryinng to keep vampires away from your house?  Have you had any vampire issues?  If not, you should immidiately put the garlic back and thank the imps for their continued service!!  Maybe even leave them pudding in the freezer. Frozen pudding sounds really good right now...I meann the imps would love it!  

Edited by Tap
  • Haha 6

Your life is never dull!!!   I am not sure what your freezer looks like, but for some reason could the bottle of garlic been on top of the fridge and fell into the ice maker when someone was doing something in the fridge? 

Things happen around my house and nobody ever cops to them.  

Pithy answer - alien vampires, that is all. 

Other answer - Are you sure it was garlic powder and not crystalized crap from the water line? I googled garlic in water line and it does come up with some interesting comments on either the sulfur level in your water or issues with water lines - both that are described as garlic smells. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, elegantlion said:

Pithy answer - alien vampires, that is all. 

Other answer - Are you sure it was garlic powder and not crystalized crap from the water line? I googled garlic in water line and it does come up with some interesting comments on either the sulfur level in your water or issues with water lines - both that are described as garlic smells. 

Possibly?  I was going on smell....I wasn't about to taste the stuff.  

We don't store garlic in the freezer.  And it didn't just smell like garlic, it was a brown powdery substance that looked like garlic, too?  

I could believe garlic scented sawdust, I guess?  I was just assuming garlic powder.  

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

We don't store garlic in the freezer.  And it didn't just smell like garlic, it was a brown powdery substance that looked like garlic, too?  

I could believe garlic scented sawdust, I guess?  I was just assuming garlic powder.  

Sounds like a bag of garlic breaded frozen treats had a hole in the bag. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Your pissy monolith neighbors being mad at you for knocking on their door? It is  creative revenge. 😁

Wait! Terebith knocked on their door??  She spoke to them??  I missed that! What happened?!

3 minutes ago, Garga said:

Wait! Terebith knocked on their door??  She spoke to them??  I missed that! What happened?!

I did!  Their yorkie was running around the street, so I took her home.  They were not happy to see me until they saw that I had their dog.  Their house looks like a Hobby Lobby exploded.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I did!  Their yorkie was running around the street, so I took her home.  They were not happy to see me until they saw that I had their dog.  Their house looks like a Hobby Lobby exploded.  

Ooooooo! Wish you could have taken pictures. Next time, wear a little camera that looks like a button on your shirt. 😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Garga said:

Ooooooo! Wish you could have taken pictures. Next time, wear a little camera that looks like a button on your shirt. 😄

A body camera is a must! And I think she really needs to treat that monolith like a maypole, and wear that camera while she dances around it! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1