Menu

Let's Tackle Easter Together

TravelingChris

Hi all- yesterday was a busy day of laundry and helping make dinner plus cooking hard boiled eggs. Dd1 and dsil1 came over and had dinner w us, colored the eggs, and we watched the first game of the USFL.  Very happy that the Birmingham, AL team won.

take all meds

choose Easter outfit

shower and make-up

breakfast

church

fold and put away laundry

choose my clothes for our vacation that starts Tuesday

check lots of stuff re that vacation= we are flying to Corpus Christi, TX- staying on Mustang Island- and attending the Birdiest Festival there plus a day visit to Brownsville too.

• Like 4

Good morning! It’s partly sunny, but very cool here and supposed to rain later. Thinking about changing up what I’d planned to wear.

I’ve cooked the breakfast casserole and made coffee and put kids’ baskets out. Dh is gone to choir. 

To do:
Bag up lunch food items, flowers, and gifts and put them in my car.

Get dressed for church
More coffee!

Worship at the Early service
Zip home to pick up kids
Keep the nursery and heat up food during late service.

Haul food to my mom’s AL place and have lunch with her.

Come home, put away leftovers, fall apart. Maybe a nap?

Think about tomorrow. Print schedule planner pages for the next two weeks. 

• Like 5

Good morning! He is risen! ♥️ 

We made tomb rolls for the glutenful humans. Canteloupe for all!

DH is making stuffed mushrooms and fancy broccoli to take to my mother and father in law’s house. 

Church service at home this morning. 

All grown up kiddos & spouses are going to lunch there today. 

After, we’ll head to my folks to visit. 

Home tonight with tired kiddos and leftovers. 

• Like 5

He is risen indeed!! 

Good morning! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! 

We had breakfast, overnight French toast casserole and bacon. 

We’re almost to church for the early service. 

We’ll go out to lunch and relax most of the day. 

I will need to look over my lessons for tomorrow. 

• Like 5

Good morning, and happy Easter to all! 

I got overridden/vetoed, so we are not going to church with my grandma (and dad) this morning, nor are we going to our own church this morning, and instead we are resting (much needed after the weekend construction project), going to a movie with the boys (they earned it/seriously deserve it, as they bore the brunt of the hard work and my dad's short fuse all weekend), and I have been promised quilting time. 

DH did offer church, so it's on me that I turned him down (b/c, if we're going to church and movie, then we're using as much of the day up as if we'd gone to my grandma's, and since we aren't doing that, ummm, no....which I realize is ridiculous of me, but.....)

so -- 

--return the extra shingles to the store b/c we have to get them out of my car for tomorrow
--make the pasta salad I was going to take to Grandma's, for us to eat here w/the leftover ham
--at least one nap
--movies with the boys
--refresh my memory on what I have planned/prepped for tomorrow's classes since I did all that prep work 2 weeks ago, make sure the bag is set
--quilt

• Like 4

Good morning!! Happy Easter to all!! Today is the last day of Spring Break,  then it's back to school tomorrow. Today's plan:

More coffee-done

Church-done

Groceries-preferred store closed

Stop by classroom-done

Cook-don't know what yet

Finish laundry

Go through a drawer to look for mil's lost will

Grade papers-done

Lesson plans

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 4

Happy Easter!  Blessings to all of you!

We are staying home, caring for my mom today.  Ds1 is coming over for dinner, visit with my mom.  

To do:

• breakfast, coffee
  • church online
  • watch new football league game
  • lesson plan, make calendar
  • laundry
  • ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, rolls for dinner.  Chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert. (Thank you, Costco!)

Enjoy your day...

• Like 4

So far- took almost all medicines.  Need to find the bottle of one and will do that very soon.  Got ready for church but found out that one of her skirts O had bought last year has a dumb hem.  I never noticed it but dh did and thought I had put it 8n wrongly.  No, it just had a much shorter hem (like 3 or 4 inches) in the back than in the front.  Now it is on give away pile 

Church was nice and met a new family that just moved in and live across the street and decided to come visit.  They have  three daughters who all wore beautiful dresses.  I hope they keep coming.  

We had Easter lunch and I loaded up the dishwasher snd put it on.  Now dd1, dsil1, and dh are playing a Dune game downstairs and I will be working on getting ready for the trip plus planning tomorrow too.

• Like 2

Hi, happy Easter!

Unfortunately, I am not feeling well at all, so I didn't go to church.  I managed to hide the Easter baskets and eggs.  I will skip the drama part of our morning.  I spent a long time in bed, but I got guilt tripped about work, so I'm gonna see what I can do with a headache and stinging, watering eyes.

Kid wants restaurant food for dinner, so they are ordering take-out from Bob Evans.

Kid also wants to play her new "Dog-opoly" game.  I'm thinking not today.

Not sure why we've had at least 5 deliveries in our close vicinity today.  My pup would also like to know why.  Ugh my head hurts.

Must remember to call my folks and tell them why we aren't coming over.

I hope everyone else is having a nice Easter.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@readinmom, how is your mom doing? 

@SKL, I'm sorry you aren't well and having a rough day! 

We went to the early service, which was very crowded. Then we went out for sushi because they all like it. I get avocado salad and pork dumplings. 

I did a bit of work for school and then watched some stuff. 

Dh and I just went for a walk. 

I'll cook dinner soon. 

• Like 2

I think my dh made the hotel reservation instead of me since it was for 2 queen beds and no disabled room.  I called IHG reservation line and got it changed to a king bed and while I didn't get a disabled room, they put me on a waiting list. I also found out that yes, we do a have mini fridge and microwave and because we have to leave almost all days before breakfast, we will either buy some breakfast food or potentially get it from the hotel and put it upstairs.

DS, ddil, and dgs are here and we saw their new (used) Sienna.  It is so much nicer than when I had a Grand Caravan when he was 5-10.

• Like 1

Had a light dinner of salad, bread, and carrot cake.  DS had one of the Easter eggs, a cheese sandwich and all the rest. DDIL had ham and the rest. DSIL also had ham and the rest.  Dh wanted me to choose clothing, etc by today and am not sure I will have enough energy.  I am getting tired.

• Like 1

Hymn sing was fun, but chilly! Glad I had a warm layer on and made Dd wear her jacket. After-singing visiting moved indoors. 

Home now. Got some ham and green beans and a teeny bit of mac n cheese for late supper. 

Will try to finish the podcast, but confident that I will not make it. So tired!!

Glad Ds is on SB, so I can sleep in a bit this week!