Menu

March healthy eating

Laura Corin

Monday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with strawberries, banana, apple, black walnuts, macadamias, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Two Dave's Killer English muffins with salad greens, smashed chickpeas, dijon mustard, garlic, orange bell pepper, scallions, tomato. 

Snack - Shared an apple and the last few snap peas with the dogs. Also had an orange.

Dinner - Clean out the fridge night. Leftover tofu/veggie sushi, lentil dhal, quinoa, roasted broccoli.

Dessert - Cacao fruit.

• Like 2

I did great with eating while on vacation. I allowed myself some gf df brownies but spread them out over several days. Today I ate a chocolate bar and it was just too much--I felt sick afterwards. It was just a mindless thing while I was reading, so the lesson there is to select my portion and lay it out rather than having the whole thing just there.

Breakfast--low-sugar granola with almond milk

Lunch--"sandwiches" made with corn tortillas, lettuce, lunch meat. Had a handful of chips and some raspberries.

Snack--the fateful chocolate bar

Dinner--Wasn't feeling well. Stuck to salad and rice with a little gf soy sauce for flavor.

• Like 4

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with banana, blueberries, apple, figs, walnuts, hazelnuts, chia, flax, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Salad with lettuce, mixed greens, red cabbage, tomato, bell pepper, scallions, snap peas, chickpeas, lentils, tofu, quinoa, wfpb 1000 Island. A couple oranges.

Dinner - 1.5 beet/carrot/red onion burgers with spinach kale wraps, red onions, pickles, greens. Roasted broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, summer squash, zucchini.

Dessert - D'Vash almond date pistachio bar.

• Like 1

Tuesday-

bone broth 

full body dumbell circuit training 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens. Goat cheese. Flaxseed muffin. 

gardening

snack-  apple with goat cheese 

dinner-  salad (Green cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, taco cheese blend, green onion, crisp corn, cilantro with avocado ranch dressing.)

Chicken vegetable soup (carrots, bell peppers, cabbage, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, red cabbage, sugar snap peas and celery, roasted baby potatoes ). gf roll. 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 1

Wednesday-

bone broth 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens. Goat cheese. Flaxseed muffin.

snack-  apple with freshly ground peanut butter chocolate spread from the natural food co-op  

dinner-  salad (Green cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, black beans , green onion, crisp corn, cilantro with avocado ranch dressing.)

Chicken vegetable soup (carrots, bell peppers, cabbage, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, red cabbage, sugar snap peas and celery, roasted baby potatoes ). gf roll. 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with kiwi, apple, banana, figs, macadamias, walnuts, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Pita pocket with chickpeas, dijon mustard, tomato, bell pepper, scallions, pickles, red cabbage, greens. An orange.

Dinner - Spring rolls (rice paper wrappers, brown rice noodles, tofu, avocado, bell pepper, red onion, cabbage, greens). Spicy peanut dipping sauce.

Dessert - Cacao fruit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wintermom said:

Healthy eating is much more on-track now. I have almost no time to prep meals, though. This makes it really tempting to grab whatever food is quick and available, whether it's healthy or not. 

I hear you and I'm there with you. I'm so busy and also I simply lack the will to do the right stuff. I want fabulous leftovers available at any time without any of the work of creating the awesome meal in the first place.

Today's a better day as far as nutrition.

Breakfast--low-sugar granola with almond milk, banana

Lunch--big salad, chips with salsa, grapes

Snack--2 squares dark chocolate, also flax Nut-thins to satisfy my savory-salty craving.

Dinner--Salmon, veg/rice stirfry, fruit

• Like 4

Thursday-

bone broth

lunch - scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms, mixed greens.  Goat cheese.  Flaxseed muffin.

snack - pear with peanut/chocolate butter

dinner - peanut butter chicken (peanut butter sauce with coconut milk and chili pepper flakes, chicken, tomatoes)  Tossed in broccoli, onions, zucchini, bell peppers, carrots for added nutrition. 

hard boiled eggs

a piece or two of dark chocolate

• Like 2

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Broccoli microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, apple, kiwi, banana, black walnuts, hazelnuts, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Pita pocket with chickpeas, dijon mustard, pickles, scallions, tomato, bell pepper, red cabbage, greens. Extra greens on the side. An orange and a walnut chocolate chip WellBean bar.

Dinner - Leftover spring rolls with spicy peanut sauce.

Dessert - Barhi dates.

• Like 3

Friday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, banana, kiwi, apple, walnuts, macadamias, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - 2 bbq tofu wraps with pickles, scallions, bell pepper, greens. An orange.

Dinner - 2 veggie burgers (1 beet/red onion/carrot and 1 black bean) with carrot/dill kraut, pickles, red onion, microgreens. Purple sweet potato oven fries. Roasted cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, summer squash, zucchini.

Dessert - Dates and cacao nibs.

• Like 3

Breakfast--Oatmeal with raisins, almonds, cinnamon, and a little maple syrup. Also a banana on the way to an early PT appointment.

Lunch--Ended up camped out at the hardware store almost three hours due to a flooring issue. (Faulty tiles wouldn't snap together. Shoulda been simpler to resolve, but there needed to be input from installer and managers. Thankful that the store guy was so nice in helping get a return and new order under way. Just lots of time waiting between stages.) I hadn't expected to be there so long and was ravenous when I left. Stopped at Wendy's for fries and found myself with a Coke as well. Lesson--never leave the house without some just-in-case fruit. Had some yummy, healthy leftover stir-fry at home.

Dinner--Grilled pork chop, sweet potato, brussel sprouts, salad.

Snack--Dark chocolate squares.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

TGIF!

bone broth 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions, mixed greens. Goat cheese. Flaxseed muffin. 

snack- pear with peanut chocolate butter. 

dinner-  gf tortilla chips. Salsa

carnitas michoacan (pork, onions, grilled peppers, guacamole, refried beans). 

hard boiled eggs 

Quoting myself to amend the menu from dinner on.  I was totally full after only 1/3 of the dinner (brought most of it home for tomorrow).  Then they had a gf vegan cake on the menu and so I splurged for a slice.  So rich that I only ate half and it was a small slice to begin with.  I brought half of that home too. 

But after that I wasn't wanting even a hard boiled egg later on so I had a cup of bone broth instead just to even out the blood sugars. 

• Like 4

I’ve not done well the past two days—according to my own restrictions.

I’ve been feeling good which has the unfortunate side effect of lowering my motivation to continue the healthy eating. Funny how that works. 

I don’t feel like my “dietary indiscretions” have derailed my progress. I just need to get back on track. I will take more time to meal plan. I still feel really good thankfully. I haven’t seen any negative consequence to having a little sugar and bread because it’s a rare treat since I’ve started this auto immune protocol. 

I WILL have a Shamrock shake (a personal fave) from McDonald’s before the end of the month! 😂

• Like 3

I did an experiment. I had the rest of the rich vegan chocolate cake (literally four bites worth) with my bone broth this morning. My rationale. I am meeting with the Xena wrangler later and should burn off the sugar. But I didn’t want to eat it too close to meeting with her. So I did break my morning fast but I usually fast seven days a week so breaking it once or twice doesn’t seem that bad. Or am I just justifying things?  Oh well. Too late. The yummy cake is already in my tummy.

• Like 4

Saturday-

bone broth and the aforementioned bit of gf vegan chocolate  cake. 

lunch-  scrambled eggs with mushrooms and onions and mixed greens. But since I only had one egg left I also added a small amount of carnitas. Goat cheese. Flaxseed muffin. 

snack-  apple with peanut chocolate butter 

dinner-  leftover carnitas michoacan. Refried beans. Onions and bell peppers. 

hard boiled eggs. 

• Like 3

Saturday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with kiwi, pineapple, banana, apple, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, walnuts, hazelnuts, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Two BBQ tofu wraps with pickles, carrot/dill kraut, scallions, greens. An orange.

Snack - Peanut butter toast with strawberries and blackberries.

Dinner - Pizza with kale, mushrooms, olives, peppers, onions, garlic.

• Like 3

Still on the struggle bus here. I ate fast food for lunch. Chick fil A sandwich and sweet tea. No fries though. lol

By dinner time I was resolved to get back on track. Romaine with grilled chicken, avocado, onion, cucumber, vinaigrette. 2 glasses of red wine. 🙂 

I admit I'm weary of the self imposed restrictions, so I'm going to add eggs back into my diet. The wheat doesn't seem to bother me, but I can live without it for a while longer--especially since I got my Chick Fil A fix. Sweet tea is definitely a weakness for me. Like I might be willing to skip the Shamrock shake in favor of sweet tea for my next treat. 🙂 I did so good for so much longer than I thought I could! No regrets. 

I am anxious to see the cardiologist in April. So much weirdness going on with me health wise. I'm hoping for some answers. 

• Like 3

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with pineapple, kiwi, apple, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, banana, walnuts, hazelnuts, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Salad with mixed greens, red cabbage, olives (got some live culture tangerine-stuffed olives that are so good), radishes, tomato, cauliflower, beets, mini peppers, scallions, mushrooms, carrots, hemp seeds, and a chopped up black bean burger with wfpb 1000 island. Lemon poppyseed WellBean bar.

Snack - An apple and 2 mandarins.

Dinner - 2 flatbread panini sandwiches with bbq tofu, mushrooms, peppers, avocado, pickles, red onions, greens. Purple sweet potato oven fries. Roasted carrots, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli.

Dessert - Cacao fruit.

• Like 2

Am in a work vortex, trying to hold the line against deadlines and sleep deprivation. I've actually done okay yesterday today, but with a sharp uptick in both coffee and dark chocolate. So my goal after I turn in this project is to tamp down the chocolate to my usual 1-3 squares of 90%.

Yesterday:

Breakfast--eggs, potatoes, bacon, cantelope

Lunch--Stirfry

Dinner--Lots things. Chicken tacos, homemade guac, fried plantains (YUM), cantelope

Snacks--low-sugar granola in the middle of the night, also dark chocolate, oranges

TODAY:

Breakfast--orange early and a handful of peanuts, then later eggs with leftover potatoes and bacon for flavor

Lunch--handful of chips with salsa, some low-sugar granola, orange

Dinner--yummy chicken adobo with rice and cukes/tomatoes with vinegar

Snack--dark chocolate, coffee

• Like 3

Monday-

bone broth 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens. Goat cheese. Flaxseed muffin. 

snack - apple (cosmic crisp is my new favorite) with goat cheese. 
chocolate squares. 

dinner-  was craving SPAM. (Part of my adopted culture and my dh’s birth culture tied to American GI’s after WWII). SPAM, peas, carrots, onions, brown rice. 
chopped salad (Green cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, green onion, cilantro with avocado ranch dressing. )

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 4

Monday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with pineapple, mango, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, apple, banana, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Leftover tofu/mushroom/veggie panini. 2 mandarins. Walnut chocolate chip WellBean bar.

Dinner - I started with a Bob's Red Mill soup mix (green and yellow split peas, barley, lentils, vegetable pasta) and threw in some onion, garlic, loads of spices, carrots, peas, green beans, corn, veggie broth, and cashew cream. Turned out delicious. Also had a Dave's Killer Everything bagel.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Monday-

bone broth 

snack - apple (cosmic crisp is my new favorite) with goat cheese. 
chocolate squares. 

dinner-  was craving SPAM. (Part of my adopted culture and my dh’s birth culture tied to American GI’s after WWII). SPAM, peas, carrots, onions, brown rice. 
chopped salad (Green cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, green onion, cilantro with avocado ranch dressing. )

hard boiled eggs 

Asian culture, right? I had two wonderful Filipina roommates in college who absolutely loved Spam. They grew up in immigrant homes. Almost every week they were stir-frying Spam with rice and frozen veg for lunch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My dh is Filipino. 

My husband has fond memories of the summer he lived in the Philippines during college. We both fell in love with Filipino cuisine. My college roommate's mom used to send us vast pans of pancit when roommate went home for the weekend. Chicken adobo is one of our family's all-time favorite dinners.

• Like 2

Lunch: 2 eggs scrambled with mushrooms, onion, and micro greens. 

Snack: taco meat with romaine 

Dinner: smoked chicken breast, white bbq sauce, steamed broccoli, sweet potato. 

Probably going to eat some more chicken before bed. 

• Like 2

Back from my weekend away. My eating was pretty healthy while we were in the Highlands, and we did lots of walking. There may have been cake and champagne,  however.

My fermented cherry tomatoes came out really well

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/garam-masala-cherry-tomatoes-fermentation-b2021192.html%3famp

Tuesday  -

Lunch - beans, mashed cauliflower with mint, yoghurt, apple, fermented tomatoes

Snack  - more yoghurt, berries, cheese, oatcake, granola

Supper - cod in black bean sauce. Broccoli and celeriac.  Prunes and chocologic. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, popmom said:

Is this a recipe you can share? ❤️The quote disappeared lol. I meant the chicken adobo. 

There are a zillion recipes on the internet of varying complexity. Our recipe was given by the family my husband stayed with when he was there.

For a family of four, I usually have 8-12 pieces of mixed thighs and drumsticks. In the Philippines they would be with skin. I usually do skinless, but I might drop an piece of skin from one of the drumsticks into the broth to bring that gorgeous richness.

BROTH:

1-2 bay leaves

2-3 T sugar

2-3 T whole peppercorns

1 cup soy sauce

1 cup vinegar (I use plain old white vinegar.)

6-10 garlic cloves, minced. Be generous.

Bring all to a boil, then simmer with the lid ON 20 minutes. Flip chicken and simmer again another 20 minutes. KEEP THE LID ON. RESIST THE URGE TO STIR OR FUSS. You want the chicken to steam/simmer together until it's falling apart. Too much stirring wrecks what needs to happen.

Serve with rice.

Also serve with a simple pickled salad. Best assembled several hours ahead of time, but there are many times that I make it right before I start cooking the chicken. Into a bowl, toss:

sliced cucumber

sliced tomato

sliced onion

pepper

1t sugar

vinegar (either white vinegar OR leave out sugar and use rice wine vinegar instead)

In the Philippines, the chicken, rice, and salad would all be on one plate, and each bite includes everything. You want enough of the broth on your plate to flavor the dish without the rice swimming in tons of it. Delicious!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still under work deadlines. Hopefully all will be finished tonight.

Breakfast--An orange and a ham roll first thing. Then more ham rolls after class.

Lunch--Fried sweet potato (baked a few nights ago, reheated by frying slices in df EarthBalance + olive oil); handful of chips with salsa for flavor; french fries through a drive-thru later after shopping. Fries are one of my top three temptation foods.😔

Snack--dark chocolate, handful of chips late while working; raspberries

Dinner--pork chop, rice stirfry with pepper and onion

• Like 3

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with mango, pineapple, apple, kiwi, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, walnuts, pecans, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Pita pocket filled with tofu, carrot/dill kraut, scallions, mushrooms, greens, wfpb 1000 island. Cherry tomatoes, a few tangerine-stuffed olives, and two mandarins. Walnut chocolate chip WellBean bar.

Dinner - Leftover creamy split pea/lentil/veggie soup. Dave's Killer Everything bagel. Roasted asparagus and cauliflower.

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 4

Lunch: 2 eggs with onion, mushrooms, and mustard micro greens.

Dinner: Pan seared halibut that was a fail. I overcooked it. Cabbage and onion cooked in chicken broth. Romaine w/ vinaigrette. Sautéed baby Bella mushrooms. 

Before bed: baked sweet potato 

• Like 3

Another crazy work day with disrupted sleep and all the rest. I had signed up for a full roster this semester, but then I added another huge commitment on the spur of the moment. Love what I am doing but hate all the chaos.

Breakfast--apple, low-sugar granola

Lunch--lunchmeat sandwiches using lightly fried corn tortillas for bread

Snack--handful of chips, raspberries, dark chocolate, huge mug caffeinated coffee with maple syrup

Dinner--gf spaghetti with meat sauce, salad; planning to have another round of leftovers later as I continue working through the night

• Like 3

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apple, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Dh and I got Mexican takeout - we each had a grilled veggie burrito with rice, pinto beans, onions, peppers, corn, jalapeños, guacamole, salsa. I also had 4 small mandarins.

Snack - Ate a big bag of salad greens straight from the bag - my cells were singing.🌱🙂 (Dh and I always jokingly say this when we're eating greens - I heard someone in one of my wfpb groups say it once, and it struck me as being funny and accurate.)

Dinner - Another veg burrito. Radishes, cherry tomatoes, olives, and roasted Brussels sprouts.

No dessert tonight - too full.

• Like 3

Thursday:

bone broth

lunch out with the lady that I'm wanting to get to know better (widening circle thread):  had a few tortilla chips.  Pork carnitas, pickled red onions, avocado sauce, onions, ranch beans. 

snack - I'm a tiny bit embarrassed about this because it sounds a bit weird but I had some leftover brown rice with some peanut butter and goat cheese.  Despite the higher carb count, my sugars were perfect afterwards.

dinner - "no-mato" sloppy joes (ground beef, onions, bell peppers, pumpkin, garlic)  Yam rounds. 

hard boiled eggs

• Like 3

So thankful that a big deadline is off my plate. Now I'm catching up after a week of chaos.

Breakfast--quick banana before working out. 

Lunch--lunchmeat-lettuce rollups, handful of chips, orange

Dinner--Gorgeous Moroccan lamb stew. Intense flavor makes everything all better.

Snack--I allowed myself a celebratory slice of gf cake with ice cream since I turned in a huge project. No guilt there.

• Like 3

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with figs, kiwi, pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, apple, walnuts, hazelnuts, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - The last grilled veggie burrito from yesterday. 4 small mandarins.

Snack - A head of green butter lettuce.

Dinner - The last of the leftover creamy split pea/lentil/veggie soup - added some roasted mushrooms. Also had roasted cauliflower and asparagus and a sprouted whole wheat bagel.

Dessert - An apple and a lemon poppyseed WellBean bar.

• Like 2

Friday is underway. I was so sleep deprived all week, and I am still feeling the impact today. Every cell in my body aches. I am going to focus on resisting sugar, taking a nap this afternoon, and making sure I get in a walk. Hopefully a day of rebuilding will help.

Breakfast--Potatoes crisped up in olive oil with onion and mushroom and just a tiny bit of bacon for flavor. YUM. Cup of tea with sugar.

Lunch--big salad, perhaps some fruit. I am craving carbs and I have some leftover rice, so I may stirfry a little side dish of rice.

Dinner--Bean/vegetable soup with cornbread and salad.

Snacks--Dark chocolate on hand as always. If my stirfry doesn't tamp down the cravings, I may thaw some gf dough from the freezer.

• Like 4

Hello again. I am terrible about updating this thread in addition to the daily task thread. 🙄

Breakfast for me was a farm fresh egg scrambled with a pinch of sharp cheddar, a tsp of salsa, and a bunch of fresh cilantro, plus a small apple. Kids had scrambled eggs, bananas, apples, and seaweed sheets.

Lunch was a guava and cheese pastry and a cortadito from the Cuban cafe as I ran errands. Kids had sardines in lemon and olive oil, pickled okra, walnut cookies and crandberry grape juice. 

Dinner is pork chops, Italian green beans, mac and cheese, and salads with Romaine and homegrown kale, bell peppers, cheddar, tomato, boiled eggs, and Italian dressing. I am likely only having a salad because the rest is not appealing to me today.

Oldest just decided to make a loaf of honey wheat to snack on/for dinner.

Edited by Brittany1116
  • Like 3

I don’t post every day because I eat the same thing a lot. So, my posts would just be repetitive and boring.

I do have a smoothie most days which has been working for me. I feel really good and  have energy for hours after. 

There’s always a whole banana,  tbsp or two of peanut butter, 10 oz water, and 1/4 c buckwheat flour, and a bit of maple syrup if needed. This gives 11 or so grams of protein, which is sort of my goal…getting more quality protein. This is the basic smoothie, and sometimes I add in 1/2 cup or more of frozen kale. 

I break open several capsules and throw in: garden of life probiotics, garden of life multi vitamin, and magnesium. These don’t change the taste at all. 

The buckwheat flour gives a slightly grainy texture, but it’s really not bad at all. I don’t like cooked buckwheat, lol. That’s why I’m dumping it in my smoothie. 

• Like 5

I also stopped posting my daily meals because it's basically the same every day, except for variations in the veggies and legumes. 

Breakfast (usually around 10:30-11): 24 oz green protein smoothie with 1 cup vanilla soy milk, 2 scoops vegan protein powder, 2 TBL oats, 1.5 TBL chia seeds, 1 TBL each hemp and flax seeds, banana, mushroom coffee, around half of a (5 oz) bag of mixed baby kale, chard, and spinach, and lots of ice. It actually tastes great (Vega Protein Made Simple is the bomb!), and it's extremely filling, with ~500 calories, 33 g of protein, 14 g of fiber, and 6 g of Omega 3s.

Dinner (usually around 4-4:30): big bowl of roasted or stir-fried veggies with microgreens and tofu or beans/lentils, flavored with garlic, ginger, and some combo of Indian, Asian, or Mexican sauces/spices, plus a tablespoon or two of nutritional yeast for extra protein and flavor. I usually have some quinoa or brown rice with it, and a few dark chocolate chips after dinner for dessert.

Snacks: If I want a snack between breakfast and dinner it's generally fresh fruit, dates, nuts, or a thermos of green tea chai with oatmilk and a little agave.

It's a bit repetitive but not having to think about what I'm going to eat every day (plus the lack of availability of unhealthy options), make it much easier for me to stay on track. I got derailed over the holidays when DS was home and I was buying and cooking lots of tasty, high-calorie foods for him; I ended up gaining back 5 lbs in December that I had to re-lose in January, so my current system has kept me on track since then.

I've lost 36 lbs in the last 11 months, with 4 lbs to go. I should hit my goal weight this month, and am hoping that losing 40 lbs and knocking 6.6 points off my BMI will result in significant improvements when I go in for a physical and bloodwork later this month. 

• Like 2

@Corraleno Good work!

Friday-

Lunch - all leftovers but looked quite pretty. Chicken thigh marinated in pomegranate molasses, fermented tomatoes, roast purple veg, butternut squash fritters, home made yoghurt, root veg and bulgur wheat salad.

Snacks - fruit and dairy

Supper  - minute steak, salad, courgette, prunes, chocologic. 

20220401_140658.jpg

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 3

Happy April! We are in need of a new thread.

@Corraleno, way to go! Losing that much weight must feel great. I think I have posted this before, but dh and I both dropped 40 lbs. when we started eating whole food plant based. We're down several more pounds now since tweaking our diet a little bit a few months ago (cutting out the last bits of oil). Having the kids move out helped, too!  I am so thankful every day for the positive effects that wfpb eating has had on our health and our lives.

@Laura Corin, lovely pic! Those tomatoes look good.

Friday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with kiwi, figs, apple, blueberries, raspberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Quinoa bowl with greens, red cabbage, carrot/dill kraut, black beans, mushrooms, sweet potato, bell pepper, tomatoes, beets, scallions, and a spoonful of cashew queso. 4 small mandarins.

Dinner - Sushi - nori, brown rice, tofu, cucumber, carrots, scallions, red cabbage, panko, sesame seeds.

• Like 2