Menu

Missing laundry

Terabith

6 minutes ago, Moonhawk said:

Hey, diddle, diddle, the laundry's a riddle
The wash keeps going amuck
The little cat plays with sequins and strings
And the masks ran away with the socks.

My dryer occasionally gifts me things I didn't put in.  A weird towel.  A pair of jeans.  A shirt. 

• Like 1

Also, the corners of fitted sheets when they’re folded by people who aren’t me. These same people will wash their underwear with the sheets. There is the distinct possibility that the missing items are inside your machine. People find all sorts of things when they have their machines serviced. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Janeway said:

Check in the other kids drawers. That’s where my missing clothes have shown up. I have no idea why they would just put my clothes away in their doors just because it’s in their baskets.

This happens at our house too.  Except for my husband and I, each person's laundry is separate, but I think sometimes in our rush to switch the loads, something small like a sock or a mask can be left behind, where in then gets mixed into the next load.  And my boys are pretty oblivious and just toss any socks in the dresser or leave the clean mask in a random place because "I would see it there". 😁

13 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

These threads amaze me because in 21 years of having my own home/doing laundry, I have never lost anything in the wash (nor been gifted any items from laundry gremlins).  HOW (?!?!) does it happen?

I always wonder the same thing! 🤷‍♀️

19 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

Yeah, the sequel to Toy Story should be the adventures of socks inside and outside the dryer. LOL.

"I know I should be content to be a sport sock jock, but I'm a 100% pure cotton softie at heart, and I always wanted to run away and join the puppet show.

Then one day, the dryer was left open, and I saw my chance.

This is my story."

SOCK IT TO ME, in theatres this winter.

eta: tagline: Live outside the shoe

Edited by Moonhawk
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3