Menu

my wannabe outdoor cat

gardenmom5

. . . has decided maybe he doesn't want to go outside after all.  It's currently 46.  Dry and sunny, but not warm.  He demands I open the door - and then just stares.  He's even turned around and walked away from the door.  

the weather is just getting started . . ..

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

. . . has decided maybe he doesn't want to go outside after all.  It's currently 46.  Dry and sunny, but not warm.  He demands I open the door - and then just stares.  He's even turned around and walked away from the door.  

the weather is just getting started . . ..

We get that a lot from our dogs. I do believe they think we can control the weather, and are disgusted that we aren't adjusting it to their liking. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

We get that a lot from our dogs. I do believe they think we can control the weather, and are disgusted that we aren't adjusting it to their liking. 😉 

Our cats pace from door to door, trying to figure out which one has the correct weather behind it. Because apparently we're hiding the good stuff, and just opening the doors to the icky nonsense weather.  We end up making a circuit of all the doors to the outside. They are still unconvinced.

• Haha 11

On 10/8/2021 at 10:43 AM, Pawz4me said:

My dd's dogs do that.  They are full brothers, from different litters.  Might as well have been named yin and yang.

one . . . I don't want to walk across the deck, you're supposed to come with me.  The grass is wet, I can't get my feet wet. . . . he's a wuss.  Which is funny as he's the one who really wants to play with other dogs.

the younger one, doesn't care about weather.  He's out of there.  But he's also had to overcome fear of his own shadow.  (he's also the best with teh cat.  He will stand completely still. - They come for two weeks, so I'm very curious how their dogs-cat relationship is going to go.)

he finally went outside.   Then later RAN to get inside as soon as I opened the door and called him and he saw the door was open.

• Like 1

My cats are only deterred by rain. Otherwise, they want to go outside. 

Two always stay close to home, but our black cat son wanders. He went missing for 4 whole days back in the summer. He’s my husband’s baby. So now we are paying a (((monthly subscription)))and Boo doesn’t go out without wearing a tracker on his collar. This executive decision made by my husband who was totally anti cat before we got Boo. Now he loves the cats more than anyone!! 😂❤️

Edited by popmom
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, popmom said:

My cats are only deterred by rain. Otherwise, they want to go outside. 

Two always stay close to home, but our black cat son wanders. He went missing for 4 whole days back in the summer. He’s my husband’s baby. So now we are paying a (((monthly subscription)))and Boo doesn’t go out without wearing a tracker on his collar. This executive decision made by my husband who was totally anti cat before we got Boo. Now he loves the cats more than anyone!! 😂❤️

Men are the true victims of the cat cult, as we get emotionally sucked in.

Tracker? What tracker?

Bill

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spy Car said:

Men are the true victims of the cat cult, as we get emotionally sucked in.

Tracker? What tracker?

Bill

https://www.whistle.com

Our cat wears the “GO Explore”

It’s designed for dogs, but Boo is a big boy. I really didn’t think he would tolerate wearing it, but he’s been very good about it. It’s so cool to see every where he explores. He doesn’t ever go very far—which is a relief. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 2:14 PM, KungFuPanda said:

I've had a dog that did this with rain.  He NEEDED to go out but water was a deal breaker.

My 94 pound wolf hybrid/doodle mix hates the rain and will poop and pee on the covered screened in patio. I do NOT approve. I'm not sure what she will do when we move and don't have a covered back patio. 

On 10/9/2021 at 4:06 PM, GailV said:

Our cats pace from door to door, trying to figure out which one has the correct weather behind it. Because apparently we're hiding the good stuff, and just opening the doors to the icky nonsense weather.  We end up making a circuit of all the doors to the outside. They are still unconvinced.

My mother's cats would look out the front door in disgust then demand you open the back door instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/10/2021 at 11:57 PM, popmom said:

This executive decision made by my husband who was totally anti cat before we got Boo. Now he loves the cats more than anyone!! 😂❤️

Dh before Covid:  No cats allowed in the living room!

Covid lockdown, the living room becomes dh's home office.

One year into Covid, dh spends his Saturday building a special bench for our black cat to sit on in between his desk and the living room window.  Thinks it's cutest when she opens the living room door herself to stroll on in and visit him.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, GailV said:

One year into Covid, dh spends his Saturday building a special bench for our black cat to sit on in between his desk and the living room window.  Thinks it's cutest when she opens the living room door herself to stroll on in and visit him.

He has been assimilated.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, GailV said:

Black cats. There’s something about black cats and their dads. Boo Bear is now my husband’s baby. Boo “flops” on my husband when he comes in from his adventures outside (crashes on his lap). My husband will not move when Boo “flops”. It’s an excellent excuse for them both to have a nap. 😂

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 9:54 PM, ktgrok said:

My 94 pound wolf hybrid/doodle mix hates the rain and will poop and pee on the covered screened in patio. I do NOT approve. I'm not sure what she will do when we move and don't have a covered back patio. 

I have a dog that does this, too. Plus a grand dog chihuahua mix baby that doesn’t always  bother to go out onto the porch! Plus another granddog chihuahua/spaniel mix that goes on bath mats primarily. She’s elderly (absolute queen) and set in her ways.
It’s so interesting what an important role this tiny chi mix has played in rehabilitating abused and neglected pit bulls. She is all of 10 lbs (max—prolly less) but the pittie fosters RESPECT this queen. Her permanent brother is/was a severe abuse/neglect case—a 60 lb Staffie —after recovery from starvation and neglect. They are inseparable. And she has helped rehab many other pitties who are now in safe, stable homes. 

Sorry for rambling. I am SO grateful to my daughters for educating me and helping me overcome my fear of “aggressive” breeds, and it’s so beautiful to see the healing and the beauty come out of such dire circumstances. It’s not always a happy ending (which is for another rescue thread), but most cannot imagine the intelligence and dedication these rehabbed dogs have for their people. They are empaths. It’s truly beautiful.

Edited by popmom
  • Like 1