Menu

Booster shots - how did yours go?

Spryte

I got mine Dec 21st. It was Moderna and much easier than the second dose. I had a sore arm for a couple of days and the day after I was tired and every so often I’d wonder if I was getting sick and then remember that it was the vaccine.  I never got more than the “I might be coming down with something” feeling. 

• Like 2

dd21, moderna, 2 days ago got her booster. Sore arm that afternoon, started to get headache when she went to bed. Fever in middle of night, tried to get up for tylenol and was too chilled so she rode it out. In the morning, took a tylenol and in a few hours was feeling better and was up and around. This was a worse reaction than the first 2 doses, which she pretty much had no reaction other than a sore arm. 

I haven't seen anyone mention getting a J&J Booster after getting the initial J&J, but that's just what I did today.   The booster felt exactly the same when I was getting it- serious pain from the injection going in that lasted about five minutes.  But then my arm eased a bit and now it just feels like a sore arm. 

I'm bracing myself for the storm of fever and chills in a few hours, but maybe I'll avoid that this time.  Fortunately I have the weekend off, so a few days to recover if it takes a toll. 

53 minutes ago, Lady Marmalade said:

I haven't seen anyone mention getting a J&J Booster after getting the initial J&J, but that's just what I did today.   The booster felt exactly the same when I was getting it- serious pain from the injection going in that lasted about five minutes.  But then my arm eased a bit and now it just feels like a sore arm. 

{Snip}

I did that. I had only a sore arm with both shots. No other symptoms. Burns real good going in though. 

Edited by LifeLovePassion

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this. Dd16 and just slightly past 6 months from the 2nd shot. We were the ones worried about the shots and her allergies, but the 2 shots were fine.

For teens 16-17, what is the general consensus? As soon as she qualifies or wait another month? Does the vaccine protection drop off precipitously at a certain point?

Our area is running low on boosters so I am hoping to give it a little time until the rush is over.