Menu

Deodorant

theelfqueen

Deodorant poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Deodorant do you use?

• Stick
    • Gel
    • Roll On
    • Spray
    • Other
    • None
  2. 2. Have you always used this type?

• Yes I have always used the same type
    • I have used the same type for a long time, but used another type.previously
    • I use a variety of types interchangeably
    • Other
  3. 3. I wear deodorant...

• Every day
    • Sometimes /under specific conditions
    • Occasionally
    • Not at all
    • Other

Dh has used the same deodorant basically his whole life. It was recently discontinued and he is now experimenting. The first replacement was too strongly scented. He is now trying an unscented gel (my preference as strong scents are a migraine trigger for me)... I had forgotten that gel has a bit of a learning curve (I switched from stick to gel many years ago) ... 

It made me curious - I read something recently saying that sprays are most popular outside the us, but sticks in the US. It all made me curious about it. 

Edited by theelfqueen

1 hour ago, theelfqueen said:

Dh has used the same deodorant basically his whole life. It was recently discontinued and he is now experimenting. The first replacement was too strongly scented. He is now trying an unscented gel (my preference as strong scents are a migraine trigger for me)... I had forgotten that gel has a bit of a learning curve (I switched from stick to gel many years ago) ... 

It made me curious - I read something recently saying that sprays are most popular outside the us, but sticks in the US. It all made me curious about it. 

I replied to the poll before reading this.

Since you referred to a stick as a "type", I assumed that's what you meant below.  I've used stick my whole life.  But I've used all sorts of brands, based on what's on sale, or available. I mostly use unscented, but will sometimes use a baby powder type smell if unscented isn't available.  

• Like 1

I used to not need to use deodorant much, but I'm aging oddly and seem to have gotten stinkier as I've gotten older instead of the other way around. I used to just use Tom's natural (stick) and only needed it on hot days or under certain clothes that didn't breathe as well (and nothing most days), but it stopped working - and I needed it more often. I tried all kinds of natural stuff, some of which worked better for daily use...  But then I started working out regularly, and that didn't hold up, and I caved and bought a regular aluminum drug store kind. 

But I've recently discovered Lume, which is natural and works!!  It's a cream, but you can buy it in an applicator that's shaped like a stick,  or just get a tube and use your fingers.  I hear it also works for feet and other stinky areas... I order it online.

Edited by Matryoshka

5 hours ago, BaseballandHockey said:

I replied to the poll before reading this.

Since you referred to a stick as a "type", I assumed that's what you meant below.  I've used stick my whole life.  But I've used all sorts of brands, based on what's on sale, or available. I mostly use unscented, but will sometimes use a baby powder type smell if unscented isn't available.  

That's what I was asking - sticks? Gels? Roll ons? Spray? Crystals? 

6 hours ago, hippymamato3 said:

We used Schmidt's previously, but it caused irritation. 

FWIW, many of the scented Schmidt’s cause irritation here (lavender and the cedar and juniper containing ones), but the unscented is fine for most people here. I’m sensitive to heavy baking soda concentration (as are many people) so use the sensitive Schmidt’s, which uses arrowroot powder instead. Schmidt’s and Bubble and Bee are the only natural ones that have cut it here. (As far as store-bought. Years ago I used to make my own with coconut oil and baking soda and that worked really well also.)

I use Dove clinical (I would describe it as a cream-not a stick) because I work very close to other people with our arms above each other and under a lot of stress (pharmacy). I have used other brands/styles over the years but this is what I currently like. I use it every day I work, but not always on the weekends. It definitely depends on what I am doing. If it is chores and yard work, I just wait to shower for the day until I am done so I don't need it. If I am going somewhere nice on the weekend, I will use it, but prefer to give my body a break when possible. 

I have to change deodorant brands semi-often as whatever I am using will stop working. It's annoying. I've tried a variety of the no-Al deodorants, but nothing I've tried works. I switch from Secret to Lady Speed Stick to Dove and back around - usually a gel, sometimes a stick, sometimes (rarely) a spray.  I try to pick a non-offensive to me (heavy perfumes make me sneeze and sneeze and sneeze) scent like baby powder. I do want a scent because otherwise I wonder later - did I remember to put on deodorant this morning? 

• Like 1