Menu

2nd dose vaccine timing

Emba

I am sure for the second dose of my Covid vaccine (Pfizer) soon. I also just started a part time job, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. 

Fridays it is 5 to 9 pm, Wednesday and Thursday it is 10am to 2 pm.

i want to minimize the chances of having to call in sick if I have a lot of symptoms after the vaccine.

Does it seem better to go on a Monday early and get the shot, so I’ve got about 48 hours, or to go on a Friday afternoon right before work, and hope the effects don’t hit me until during the night, as they did for the first shot, and then I’ve got four days before I have to work again?

i did have about a half a day of misery with the first shot, so I’m afraid the 2nd will be much worse.

If your first vaccine had some reactions and you want to have a few days blocked off after your second (even for peace of mind), I'd say Friday right before work.  Both my dd and I scheduled our second vaccines on a day where we had a ton of stuff going on in the 6-hour period right after the vaccine, and then 3 days free.  We both had our shots around noon and then were very busy and felt great for the rest of the day.  My dd's symptoms kicked about 9 hours later, and mine kicked in about 14 hours later.

But if you can't get in until early Monday morning, chances are you'll be fine by Wednesday morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can you do Friday after work?  Or on your lunch hour?  Otherwise I think I would try for early Monday morning.

I started feeling crappy within hours after my 2nd shot.  I probably could have survived the work day, but I would have rather not had to.