Menu

Pantyhose:(

Based on Faith Academy

Good evening all.

I am in need of the Hives knowledge.

I need pantyhose for myself and can not seem to find anything that even works remotely, The previous places I bought them have either stopped selling them or I can no longer find them in my size. Being a 5'8 plus sized woman makes finding pantyhose hard. Plus most of the plus sized women I talk to do not wear pantyhose. They wear knee highs.

Please Help!!

TIA

• Like 1

I wear pantyhose to church on Sundays in the spring/fall and some of the cooler part of the summer. 

Two options:

I ordered a pair of sheer pantyhose and tights from Snag Tights. I've worn and washed (hand) maybe 5-6 times. Expensive, but nice quality. They do very well on not bagging down. I'd get these if I needed to wear pantyhose to some longish event.  https://snagtights.us/collections/all-products 

I've also ordered these. These are cheaper but not as good quality as Snag Tights. I've worn them and washed (hand) them maybe 2-3 times (one pair). I'll probably get more of these when I need more as I'm only wearing them for a couple of hours at a time- mostly because they are so much cheaper.  ETA: These come up really high too. 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VCQD4RQ/

I used to get Hanes Queen Size sheer pantyhose, but I couldn't find them last time I needed some, so I ordered these two. 

Edited by Bambam
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Carol in Cal. said:

Leggs has three sizes of plus sized 'normal' pantyhose.  I buy them at the local Hanes/Bali outlet store and I believe they are also available online.

I tried these but they don't come up far enough on my stomach. They only go to XL so I can't  even order a bigger size.

Thanks anyways!

1 hour ago, Based on Faith Academy said:

I tried these but they don't come up far enough on my stomach. They only go to XL so I can't  even order a bigger size.

Thanks anyways!

No, that's not right.

They have Queen, which is like XL, and then they have 2-3 sizes that are bigger.  I see them at the outlets, although I have not seen them elsewhere.

I think they have sizes up to 4X or 5X.    It was such a relief to find them once Queen was too small for me.

I do avoid the control top versions.  No matter what their size, they are just tortuous.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I like Assets high waisted pantyhose.  I buy them at Target.  They’re technically shapewear, but I buy a large enough size that they don’t squeeze too much.  They are much more indestructible than regular pantyhose.

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2021 at 9:28 PM, MercyA said:

Amazon has No Nonsense plus size hose. 

I have to wear hose in the winter. If it's good enough for the Duchess of Cambridge, it's good enough for me. 😉 

Same. I wear them whenever I am wearing a dress or skirt, unless I am at the beach. 

I wear Hanes Sheer Reflections, but I don’t know if they meet OP’s requirements. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ausmumof3 said:

This is not a personal recommendation at all because I haven’t tried them but I keep getting ads for these in my Facebook feed and I wonder if they might suit you?  I’m tempted to try some myself when we have the money 

https://snagtights.com/collections/sheer-pantyhose-and-skin-tone-tights

I have a pair of the tights and the sheer pantyhose. I recommend both. 

• Thanks 1