Menu

Best containers for cut veges

Bocky

I have been really impressed with the newish Tupperware line “Fridge Smart”, which has adjustable humidity settings to preserve fruits and veggies longer in the fridge.  They really work!

I don’t make pickles, but my sister does, and she prefers wide mouthed pint jars because they have no obstructive shoulders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I prefer the Ziploc brand semi-disposable containers, but that is mostly due to the sizes and how they all stack nicely together to utilize my space efficiently. Also, when something gets left in the fridge too long, or left in the back seat of a car, I don’t feel the need to try to clean the yuck out. I know many people don’t want to use plastic and/or don’t like throw away containers, but those work best for my needs. I also use a variety of canning jars with some plastic lids that I found at Walmart.

I recently bought these clear ones from Walmart, and am REALLY liking them. They are totally clear - on all sides, so no wondering what is in them. Things get eaten faster when you can see what is in there easily. And no leaks. 

For keeping things fresh I asked for tips here, and watched a bunch of meal prep videos, and what I am doing seems to work. I wash/dice/cut whatever veggies, and then unless it is carrots or something that needs to stay super moist, I put a dry paper towel, usually two layers, in the botton of the container before putting the veggies in. If it is carrots I put water in the container to float them. 

I've got berries and such staying SO much fresher now, just by making sure they are totally dry (I spread them out on a cookie sheet lined with a towel) and then putting the paper town in the bottom. And using these containers. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/MS-2-1-9-CUP-TRITAN-STROAGE/962511451

• Thanks 1