Menu

Need Game ideas

Ottakee

My 25dd loves games.   I would love to find a family game for her for Christmas.

The issue is all of my kids (and son in law) have intellectual disabilities.   I need games that look more adult ish...and ones adults would enjoy, but that are very simple and easy....think 6-9 year old ability range.  Strategy is hard.

They enjoy Uno and apples to apples junior (reading is really tough for one of them).  The latest hit is Yam Slam which is a dice game (counting up points is hard but calculators help).

Any ideas?  Oh, and mom is not a big game person so games that only take 10-20 minutes to play appeal to me😀

Phase 10

Othello

tile laying games like Tally Ho or Wooly Bully

Mancala

What's that Smell?

Family Pastimes Secret Door (cooperative mystery game)

Family Pastimes Round Up

There's a Moose in the House

Hive pocket version (each bug has a type of move)

Just One --I just got this at Walmart. My ds doesn't write, so we'll do it orally.

Qwirkle

story telling games like What Do You Meme, Bubble Talk, Pickles to Penguins, Dixit, etc. 

Oops, just realized you said family and a lot of our choices tend toward 2 player. 

• Like 1

We love Wits & Wagers (yellow box...I purchased it used on eBay)! It is fast paced, everyone loves guessing, and, as long as someone else manages the betting part for me, it is so much fun.  The questions are interesting and only have to be answered with a number guess.  Best family game since our children have been adults.

• Like 1

A game called Zeus on the Loose has been a hit in our classroom with similar population but a little younger. We play with a hundred chart as a board, whereas the actual rules have you just remembering the numbers.  

The new UNO Flip is a lot of fun, and Hisss has been enjoyed as well. UNO Duo has been a dud, I do not suggest it.

• Like 5

Cover Your A$$ets. Everyone from the little kids (5-ish) to the adults enjoy it. It’s fast paced and easy to learn. We do have to help the little ones count their cards for the final score (large round numbers) but it doesn’t take long.  

Farkle is fun too. The counting took me a second to get the hang of, but then I could quickly count and score anyone who was rolling. You have one scorekeeper for all the players, so not everyone has to know how to count if you trust your scorekeeper lol. 

3 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

My 2nd trader plays and enjoys Exploding Kittens. You might watch someone playing it on YouTube to see if it would go over well. 

Also a hit here and with some expansions. Just know there is a NSFW version of Exploding Kittens so shop accordingly 😬

Edited by Forget-Me-Not