Menu

Peeing while jump roping

Princess5

My kids got a jump rope today and I was trying  it out tonight.  I peed while jump roping..I had to go and change... My 2 kids are 11&8.  I have not been that active physically for a long long time...I will now... How to strengthen my pelvic floor muscles... Did you experience this,?

6 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

Ironically, jumping on a rebounder (mini trampoline) reportedly strengthens pelvic floor muscles. 

The key is probably starting slow, on a surface that gives, rather than starting hard and fast on pavement. 

Can you give some examples of surfaces that gives.  Right now we live in a home which has carpet and tile flooring so no other option for me.  is a carpet better than a tile?  Our carpet is not very plush anyway It's very very basic

7 hours ago, Seasider too said:

Well, a mini trampoline, or regular size one if you have access to one. I’m not sure what other surfaces give that much. 

Sorry I am not more helpful. Try googling or searching YouTube. I can’t remember her name but there’s one exercise gal out there who teaches about strengthening the pelvic floor muscles. She says kegels are not the way to go and gives other exercises. Hopefully someone else will chime in with her name or other recommendations. 

Katy Bowman

5 minutes ago, barnwife said:

Squat every day. If you can't do so without falling over, hold onto the handles of a door (so you are holding the handle from one side in one hand and the other side in the other hand).

Squats and core work. Planks are excellent. Pilates, like Rosie said.

I have a friend who noticed that during her menstrual cycle, when she habitually uses a diva-style cup, she was able to jump on the trampoline with her kids without peeing (which had been a problem for her). Subsequently, she experimented with using the cup when she wanted to play on the trampoline, even when she was not menstruating. This was successful, and she surmised that the cup itself provided some sort of extra support or change in position for her pelvic floor -- obviously it was not catching or preventing the urine itself.

10 minutes ago, bolt. said:

I have a friend who noticed that during her menstrual cycle, when she habitually uses a diva-style cup, she was able to jump on the trampoline with her kids without peeing (which had been a problem for her). Subsequently, she experimented with using the cup when she wanted to play on the trampoline, even when she was not menstruating. This was successful, and she surmised that the cup itself provided some sort of extra support or change in position for her pelvic floor -- obviously it was not catching or preventing the urine itself.

Basically the same concept as a pessary. 

OP - I've been using these videos on YouTube but not long enough to say that they're effective. https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDputRBPsHFRw1KSB9o89XeNbTuD-Wi0t

(1) Always go pee before strenuous activities.

(2) I did the Mummy Tummy program to help regain core strength after my last one and have continued on with strengthening my core. It has been a long and slow job but I'm so much stronger and leaking is much improved. I don't often jump on the trampoline but I do jumping in workouts often, including sometimes jumping rope and don't have any issue leaking during these.

Edited by soror

If you’re in menopause or thereabouts, hormonal changes cause tissue thinning and then you can begin to have incontinence, dryness, bacterial infections, droopy labia. lol TMI but who wants to deal with any of that as you get older?

Photobiomodulation (in this case red light) and heat can thicken up the tissue that’s thinning without causing cancer. You can buy devices that will do this. Vfit made by JoyLux is one of them.

https://joylux.com/pages/real-results

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/photob.2019.4618

9 hours ago, Selkie said:

Katy Bowman

5 hours ago, Selkie said:

You probably have some degree of pelvic organ prolapse, and I would recommend doing research into prolapse-friendly exercise. Planks, Pilates, and anything that works your core can make prolapse much worse. Same with kegels. 

The lady who wrote the program I did, Mummy Tummy, is a student of Katy's and def. influenced by her. There is no planks in the program, whatsoever. I cut out absolutely all the poses she recommended against like planks, jack knives and things like that for many months and then started adding things in very slowly watching my form meticulously.