Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Selkie

Good morning!

I didn't see a thread this morning (hope I didn't miss it!), so here we go.

• visit FIL this morning
  • stop at grocery store for a few things?
  • office work - pay bills & file
  • check to see if boys need new sheets or towels for their dorm rooms
  • see if either pair of shoes ds19 got from Zappos need to be returned
  • vacuum main floor
  • put books back on newly painted bookshelves
  • dd has a violin lesson
  • dinner: artichoke cannellini fettuccine alfredo with pan fried tomatoes and shiitake crisps (new recipe)
  • nighttime teen driving practice
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 12

Good morning, Selkie! 

I hope the hornet debacle at camp didn't stress Jean out too much! 

Regular school day here.

• Pick up milk
  • Get gas
  • Deposit check
  • Online class for me!
  • Piano lessons  
  • Trader Joe's  
  • AHG things

Dinner is random, easy things in the freezer? 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 12

Good morning! We have a busy day here today. Errands and other things.

• coffee/paper
  • weed a little
  • dd2 off to school
  • school with ds3
  • clean kitchen
  • wash sheets
  • keep ds2 going with packing and cleaning up
  • bathrooms
  • grocery store
  • dd2- PT
  • ds3- hs tennis
  • dd2 practice
  • dinner- brats?- see what kids want

Have a great day!

• Like 11

I'm feeling stressed today and just need to take things one at a time.

✔️DH cleaned up the kitchen and started the dishwasher while I was getting dressed, etc. Very helpful!
✔️DH helped get the kids off to school. DS15 had to be there for band by 7 am.
One load of laundry running. When it's done, I need to start another.
✔️Bible study done.
Tried to plan next week's meals, but got stuck and will need to complete that later, after I get the new grocery flyer.
Trip to Kohls to see if I can still redeem my expired Kohls Cash. It's $60 (the result of school shopping for four kids), so I have to prioritize that.
Read parenting book

This evening we have a curriculum night event at DS15's school. To be able to go to that, we had to cancel DS14's saxophone lesson, and DD17 will have to drive her three siblings to the church youth group. We normally do not let her do this, since it is a 25 minute drive, and she is a newish driver (has had license for one year), so I will be nervous, but it will be okay. She's made the drive multiple times before by herself and once with one sibling.

Make a big dinner salad, with leftover grilled chicken, for supper.

Whatever else I get done will be determined by how long my Kohls trip takes. It wouldn't be bad for me to fit in a nap, because I think lack of sleep is affecting my stress levels. But, of course, I can't get things done when I'm sleeping.

Edited by Storygirl
  • Like 12

Thanks, Selkie!  I realized this morning that I hadn’t started a thread. I wasn’t too stressed but there was some business I had to take care of ( early in the morning and late at night are the only times I have Internet access). 

Today is supposed to be a rainy day so I might need to rearrange some activities. 

We are supposed to be doing the climbing wall. And bottle rockets. 

• Like 11

Morning all!

• more coffee!
  • laundry reboot
  • change bed linens for two beds (I rotate through the beds, bedding for 8 people is too much for one day)
  • morning dishes
  • more school stuff to plan and type up in the schedule...
  • more laundry
  • eye appointments this afternoon
  • pick up stuff at the pharmacy and get flowers for Mom's birthday
  • supper is ham/veg/bean soup with garlic croutons...
  • kids to activities tonight
  • I think I'll watch a movie tonight while I fold laundry...maybe Star Trek since no one else in the house likes it (but I do). 🙂
Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 10

Good morning, everyone! Jean, I hope today goes well and there are no more hornets nests! Yikes!! Those poor kiddos. 

I am finally less stressed now that we have housing for DS21 figured out, and DS18 seems to be doing okay. 

Today's list....

....email the lang arts teacher and find out if we have the right book or not, and what it's supposed to be. The page numbers do not make sense for what we have/what she sent. 
....take DS14 to his science class
....go to the bookstore and find/order the remaining books he needs (lit books that they will get to this year, but not right now)
....go to the homeschool store and buy the (I suspect) correct book since I (think I) have the wrong one (if I hear back from the teacher by then)
....take DS21 to get full sized sheets 
....lunch
....finish the final thing on DS18's quilt
....school w/DS14
....dinner?
....move bookshelf downstairs, organize my room
....start working on tidying up the upstairs
....watch Stranger Things tonight

• Like 10

Today is a light day, I get to stay home all day, yipee!!!

-teach 6 VIPKID classes 

-cook double batch pumpkin protein pancakes for breakfast and leftovers

-clean kitchen (every day!)

-1 load laundry

-homeschool girls

-walk (outside today since I'm not so squeezed on time I can get out before it is blazing hot)

-light yoga and foam rolling

-roast for dinner

-start making menu and grocery list, ideally I will finish it today but we'll see, shopping is tomorrow

-go over Troop paperwork to verify I have what I need and contact Troop Shepherd for bank paperwork to set up an account

-look over homeschool coop schedule and work on tying up loose ends (first meeting is Friday)

Edited by soror
  • Like 11

Good morning!

We started our school day with going to a local church for a pickleball clinic. It was so fun! I think serving is difficult, but I got some good returns in. They are going to start having in on Wednesday mornings. It's less than a 10 minute drive from home, so maybe we should go some.

On to the rest of the day:

• lunch (eating dinner at church)
  • school with ds
  • laundry
  • more work on co-op classes
  • tidy house
  • church
  • ds spending the night with a friend and the same friend stays with us tomorrow night
  • Like 11

Take one kid to the dentist

Changed everyone's dentist apts so I got them all back to the same day/time for next apt.  Back for more there tomorrow.  2 other next week.  I am happy it will all be done before school starts. 

Store-  Went for one thing and found tons for the older 2. 

Lunch eaten and cleaned up

Kids out to play, then nap time.  I am taking one today

Then kids to pool

I think we are watching a movie tonight or maybe a bike ride. 

• Like 9

Today's list....

....email the lang arts teacher and find out if we have the right book or not, and what it's supposed to be. The page numbers do not make sense for what we have/what she sent. 
....take DS14 to his science class
....go to the bookstore and find/order the remaining books he needs (lit books that they will get to this year, but not right now)
....go to the homeschool store and buy the (I suspect) correct book since I (think I) have the wrong one (if I hear back from the teacher by then)
....take DS21 to get full sized sheets 
....lunch

....finish the final thing on DS18's quilt
....school w/DS14
....dinner?
....move bookshelf downstairs, organize my room
....start working on tidying up the upstairs
....watch Stranger Things tonight

Crossed off the above. Talking with DS21 about his schedule for the fall, then on to the rest.

• Like 8

Lunch with ds3- discussion of week so far. A young man joined the conversation- a Navy vet, so that was cool.

Walmart run- thank goodness for big parking spots- I am getting used to this big truck.

dd2 and her squad came and raided the pantry for lunch.

kitchen clean/sheets washed and back on bed

Next up: PT

• Like 9

The Kohl's run was a success but too for.ev.er. Because I had to look through a ton of clearance racks; nothing was in order by size. Then I had to try it all on and rejected 2/3 of it. Then I checked prices and eliminated a few more. Then found a couple more things to try on....

It took all morning. BUT it was worth it. I got a bunch of new clothes (I rarely shop for myself, and it was time). I spent $120, but I saved $500 !!!!!

That may be my best bargain yet. (Oh, wait, except for the time earlier this summer when I found Strawberry Life cereal on sale for 7 cents per box and bought the whole shelf full).

I know that the $500 does not represent what I ever would have actually spent on those items, and it's just on the receipt to make me feel like I got a deal. Marketing ploy. But I'm happy anyway.

Edited by Storygirl
  • Like 10

Reorganized my school stuff in the bedroom. Put a load of clothes in the wash, moving to dryer. 

Scanning a doc for a student, sending it, then doing school with DS14 while DS21 naps. (he's frustrated/upset trying to decide whether to go full time or 3/4 time as we suggested). 

When DS21 is up/DS14 & I are done with school, then I'll finish DS18's quilt. 

I have no idea what's for dinner. 

• Like 10

PT was good from therapist's and my point of view. dd2 is of the opinion she should be magically healed by now.

The slow steady progress is not at all satisfying for her.

I am going to finish a book and eat a snack- l missed lunch somehow.

And brush up on pre-calc because apparently, I am a better teacher than her math teacher. This cannot be true, but since I have done math with her every. single. year. since she went to high school, it could be seen as accurate by dd2.

Also, her English teacher is requiring her to apply for scholarships. Umm, she has one. It is not stackable. It covers everything. Can she do another pointless assignment please?

• Like 7

Busy day here. I'm trying to remember everything I did...🤔

Mostly worked on office stuff. Got my desk somewhat organized, too.

A few loads of laundry, of course.

Horse chores. Brushed out everyone's manes.

Dh and I had our Weds. afternoon coffee date.

Reminded the boys to get busy buying towels and a tv and whatever else they need for their dorm rooms.

Made the artichoke fettuccine recipe for dinner and it turned out pretty well.

Now I just need to feed my pups and hang one more load of clothes and then I'm done. No teen driving practice tonight because I'm too tired!

• Like 5

it is Thursday here.

We had a huge windstorm all yesterday it was gale force - which is pretty normal in winter here but  last night we had storm force winds- I am right by the coast so when it is windy it is WINDY. only 2 trees down at our place. someone a ways  up the road lost their roof.

the trampoline ( a big round one with the side netting ) blew over the fence and is wrecked.

strangely the snow-peas are still clinging to their wire

The Occupational Therapist is going to be here in 1 hour. I was just heading out the house with the bowsaw to trim the branches from the fallen tree so she can drive up the driveway when DS 24 turned up. He had the whole thing chainsawed in a flash. 

Edited by Melissa in Australia
  • Like 7

Howdy, sorry I'm late.

It's been an unusual day.  I basically did nothing but domestic work, though it is a business day.  I don't even care.

My kids started school, and it was garbage day, so I needed to be "on" in the morning.  Their bus was really late, and I was about to go drive them myself when it finally arrived.  Then I took out the garbage.  Walking around the house eating my kids' leftover toast, I started picking up this and that and I never really stopped.  I guess I was just done looking at my kids' messes from the past couple weeks of idleness.  I gave the kitchen a really good cleaning, completed all the laundry & cleaned the washer gunk, organized the school supplies for future use, hung up the kids' new school clothes, cleaned out the extremely foul trash can, did some straightening in my room and the kids' rooms, cleaned my bathroom, made driving arrangements, filed a lot of papers, got the gym bags ready for tomorrow, and a few other things. 

The kids didn't have any homework, so I made them submit some writing for their Brave Writer course.  Since they also had several hours of sports and music practice, I didn't ask them to do more work.

I read a chapter of their fun book and put them to bed.

All day long I kept thinking, how did I spend the whole day just doing house work?  Whatever I did doesn't seem like it should take a whole day.

Edited by SKL
  • Like 6

Hi. I am very tired and very owie tonight. But today was a good day. We didn’t get rain until right before supper. All the kids from 9 to 19 (and the adults too) had a blast making and then setting off bottle rockets. Both my lessons went well. No one was stung or hurt. I only lost my temper a bit once. The staff is all tired but working together. Tomorrow night is our “post mortem” on this year’s camp and the first planning meeting for next year’s camp. 

• Like 6