Menu

Joint gift for young kids

maize

I need ideas for Christmas. We keep things simple--stocking stuffers for everyone plus one or two larger family gifts. In the family gift category I already have something targeted at ages ten and up . I need something for my littles. Since this takes the place of multiple individual gifts it can (but doesn't have to) be relatively expensive.

Ideas?

Edited by maize

I got my kids this shared gift when they were 5 - youngest finally gave it to the younger cousins when she was 11.

https://smile.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Princess-Dollhouse-Drawbridge/dp/B000NKH0E6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1539645044&sr=8-2&keywords=wooden+castle+melissa+doug

(Furniture etc. sold separately.)

If this is too girly for your kids, there are also non-pink options.

• Like 1

if you have an indoor garage/basement where they play (or you live in a warm winter climate - I'm so sorry that I've forgotten where you live!), maybe a set of those gym scooters with the handles on the sides.  Mine adore those.  Get a set of like 4 of those and a big lightweight bouncy ball and they can do all kinds of fun things in a garage or on a big empty wood floor.

mine have also liked a tent.  Yours might be a bit too young for one, unless you can find a very sturdy one.  Don't fall for those trendy teepee things - an actual camping tent is more fun and generally better quality for the price.  Ours loved having a little closed in area like that.  You could kit it out with body pillows, blankets, etc. (again this relies on having a bit of extra space)

• Like 2

On 10/14/2018 at 12:43 PM, HomeAgain said:

We have considered a ninja ropes course in the past.  I am definitely at least one piece for ds' birthday next year, and I think we might add on at holidays after that.  We have several trees, though, which makes it an easy choice here.

I was already thinking of getting a slack line for my kids, I really think I’m going to add this or something similar. I just realized our trees in the backyard actually are big enough and spaced far enough apart that I think it will work!

• Like 1