Menu

Footwear fashion for men

Night Elf

If the man is wearing black tennis shoes with shorts, does he wear black socks too? Or white? The shorts are like gym shorts and the shirts are tshirts. Extremely casual. I just don't want him looking like a nerd wearing white socks with black shoes unless that's a thing.

This is my Aspie. I don't know if he'll wear low socks. He's used to wearing ankle socks. He may not like how they feel. I wish he'd let me buy him a pair of white shoes. Even then, ankle socks look nerdy but at least they'd match his shoes.

under Armour as in picture above are pretty “in” for my sons track team. I like neon green for visibility, but ds likes black. Ds has had various colors for shoes. 

I see some of the teen boys in bright blue socks, bright orange.  

What event is is this for?

5 hours ago, Night Elf said:

This is my Aspie. I don't know if he'll wear low socks. He's used to wearing ankle socks. He may not like how they feel. I wish he'd let me buy him a pair of white shoes. Even then, ankle socks look nerdy but at least they'd match his shoes.

Anything dark will work.  My boys wore either black, gray or dark blue.

10 hours ago, Pen said:

What event is is this for?

It's for working at the thrift store I work at. He's in back going out to accept donations, lifting things, taking things to the dumpsters. It's so hot outside that he sweats. He wants to wear shorts because he'll be less hot than the track pants he's used to wearing.

So I should get some that go above the ankle? Like a crew sock?

2 hours ago, Night Elf said:

It's for working at the thrift store I work at. He's in back going out to accept donations, lifting things, taking things to the dumpsters. It's so hot outside that he sweats. He wants to wear shorts because he'll be less hot than the track pants he's used to wearing.

Get whatever length makes him physically comfortable. Probably black in the circumstances you are describing. Not to draw attention to his ankles. But if he would prefer another color or if something like neon green would help keep him safer, I think that would be fine. Generally for appearance I’d avoid white ones with the dark shoes. 

8 hours ago, Night Elf said:

Hey this is cool that he is getting to work at the thrift shop !

• Like 1

On 7/18/2018 at 3:30 PM, Scarlett said:

Hey this is cool that he is getting to work at the thrift shop !

Well it would have been ideal but now it's not going to happen. Yesterday the director told me the board of directors won't let her hire anyone else right now. So he's applying to other places. The director is going to ask the board if she can at least hire for Saturdays. She'll know Wednesday. I'd like for my son to take that job and find a second job that doesn't require Saturdays. He applied to a grocery store last night and the application specified all employees must be available all 7 days of the week. So that wouldn't work. You'd think they'd accept there are some days that someone simply cannot work. They may not even call. He didn't hear from them today but it could just be too soon. He's going to give it a week and then apply to Costco.

But it sure would have been nice if he could work with me!