Menu

alisoncooks

I had a similar sounding thing, but under my arms... ouch! Anti-fungals didn’t work for me (the grocery store kind), but apple cider vinegar did. I diluted it so it was just enough that I could tolerate it. The first couple times burned like heck, but then it felt so much better. I’m not sure I’d do it on open sores, though. Maybe do a bit of research on it. 

Over the counter anti-fungals (like lotrimin) have worked great for me for that kind of thing.   I usually try this first

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YI2S0P8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A more natural product.  Cornstarch can be helpful too.  

If I went to the doctor every time I got a minor rash, well, they'd get sick of me there.  

• Like 1

Wipe it with vinegar.  It will sting.  Then dry it well & put antiperspirant in the area to keep it dry. If you hate aluminum anything try a drop of tea tree oil and coat it with coconut oil instead. I wouldn't put cornstarch on it when it's already open, as that can sometimes exacerbate yeast issues.

If that doesn't help it heal in 3 days go to a dermatologist. Sometimes an open sore is a sign of skin cancer.

ETA: Cornstarch can be a good preventative in the future.

I am big booby and have this issue in summer. I use Selsun Blue the last couple of minutes of my shower. Also prep with Lotriman cream and powder before working out or first thing in the AM if you’re an all day sweater. 

It sounds like a lot, but it’s just a minute or two added onto your daily routine. 

11 hours ago, Big Buckin' Longhorn said:

I am big booby and have this issue in summer. I use Selsun Blue the last couple of minutes of my shower. Also prep with Lotriman cream and powder before working out or first thing in the AM if you’re an all day sweater. 

It sounds like a lot, but it’s just a minute or two added onto your daily routine. 

Are are you shampooing your bookshelf?  

I have this issue so I might try this but I need more directions!

12 minutes ago, Daria said:

Are are you shampooing your bookshelf?  

I have this issue so I might try this but I need more directions!

Yes, lather the girls up and let it set for a minute or two, then rinse away. This works well for me wherever I have skin irritation, but primarily between and under the b00ks.  No need to get name brand, I use the cheap-o Wal Mart generic.

I find lotrimin works well but I put it on when I get ready for bed. Wash the area, dry well, and apply lotion. It heals well overnight because there’s no rubbing or sweating going on.  

‘When I tried putting it on during the day I just got sweaty and it didn’t help. 

I use tea tree oil that I've mixed with olive oil.   1/4 cup evoo with 6 drops of tea tree oil dribbled in.  Apply daily and after showering with a cotton ball to cleavage and underneath the girls.   The tea tree smell took a little getting used to, but it's so much better than sweaty yeasty funk!

I've also started sleeping in a bra.  I usually wear underwire during the day and increased the frequency with which I wash them.  Then I also purchased soft cotton bras with no underwire for sleeping in to keep the girls separated from the rest of my skin as much as possible.  I think that has helped a lot!