Menu

Where can I find 27x31 boy jeans in store?

Arcadia

For my DS13, his jeans are either too loose or too short and we can’t find 27” belt either.  I’m tempted to either buy him a reversible leather belt and cut the excess length that goes into the belt buckle off or buy a leather belt hole puncher and punch extra holes. He doesn’t like sagging jeans and prefers sit just below waist or at waist.  Levi’s slim jeans and Calvin Klein jeans is too loose for him, Quicksliver slim jeans and AG jeans are a better fit. He is particular about texture and cut so shopping online is difficult.

JCPenny.

Or, if you are lucky, you can attempt his waist size (16? 18?) in the boys' department at Old Navy in the "slim" "bootcut" style.  We were able to get by with these for a while before ordering online because the bootcut adds an extra 1-2 inches and the slim takes it in on the waist, so they're long and skinny.  Otherwise, you will be going for Levi's or Lands End, the latter doesn't usually have a length until you specify, the former carrying all the odd sizes.  In a total pinch, boy scout pants come unhemmed, too, and I left them with the serged bottoms exposed to make them long enough on my skinny kid.

• Thanks 1

JCPenney's Arizona brand carries jeans for skinny, tall boys.   My DS had a 26" waist for a long time, even when his inseam was 30-32".   They also have khaki shorts with a 26" waist.   It gets much easier when their waist grows a bit.  DS is a runner, so he burns so many calories that he's just now, at 16, filled out to a 28 or 29" waist.

I second the suggestion to look for "slim" jeans with a 28" waist, as many of those will fit, but he will need to try several pairs on to find the right fit.   (And 28" jeans or pants are also very hard to find in stores.)

As for belts, we found some belts online (Amazon?) in a boy's size, rather than men's, that worked.   ETA:  This was the belt that we found to fit DS.

• Thanks 1

You probably need to order online. JCPenney will do ship-to-store for free. 

We cut off belt excess and punch extra holes all the time. For dh and dd, certainly not for me, lol. It's easy. 

Even better, buy him a slide belt, you can adjust them  perfectly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We haven’t tried looking in JCPenney. We used to buy a lot of their house brand children fleece hoodies when kids were younger.

ON was too big for him and just nice for my DH who has a 29” waist. His other problem is that he has a “flat butt” so even sit at waist jeans slid down almost an inch. 

56 minutes ago, katilac said:

We cut off belt excess and punch extra holes all the time. For dh and dd, certainly not for me, lol. It's easy. 

My dad has to cut off belt excess for almost every belt which is why I know to look for reversible belts because those are the easiest to cut off belt excess length. I punch extra holes for leather or rubber watch bands.  

ETA: He doesn’t like slide belts

Wranglers, at Target or Walmart, worked for my super skinny DS. Plus a belt to cinch it up, lol.

The 14R boys size is 27.5-29" waist, 31.5-33" "seat" (which I guess means inseam).

I believe the smallest men's size we found on the shelves was 28" waist, and 30" length -- I can't remember if we could find a 32" length with the 28" waist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was super difficult when my son was in this phase. Kohls did sometimes have jeans that were more than two inch difference between waist and length (i.e., 28x32). I could also order the correct length in Land End khakis. Levis also had some online. But mostly, he never had quite enough pants until he was fully in men’s sizes. 

• Thanks 1

My son now needs a 29x36, having outgrown 28X34. So we just settled for the 30X36s in a slim fit with a belt.  We have also told him that if he gets any taller, it needs to be torso and not legs.  His legs have maxed out.  There is no such thing as a skinny and tall store.  The unhemmed suit pants are only 38s.  

I don't recall ever seeing 27 waists when I was looking for 28 waists.  It was always 26 or 28.  I do see 29s and 31s but not 27s.  

American Eagle has been a good brand for us on this front and their sales usually make them cheaper than the Levis at discount stores that exclude Levis from the sales.  Also, my son attends a uniform type school so we needed more slacks and khakis than jeans.  I checked Sears, JCPenneys, Target etc to no avail.  We ended up getting most of last year's school clothing from AE, Lands End and H&M.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If I remember correctly we were able to buy the largest size in the boys section at the Gap outlet at that stage.  I can’t remember the size name for sure and it would have been British because 13xl sounds right.  We generally did great at Gap until Ds started needing really long lengths.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, LucyStoner said:

I don't recall ever seeing 27 waists when I was looking for 28 waists.  It was always 26 or 28.  I do see 29s and 31s but not 27s.  

Levi’s, Quiksilver, RVCA, Joe’s, Hudson have 27x27 boy jeans in store which is too short for DS13 but are okay for me with a belt as I need 25x27 jeans with deep front pockets. 

ETA:

Volcom and AG also carries size 27 in boys jeans

3 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Levi’s, Quiksilver, RVCA, Joe’s, Hudson have 27x27 boy jeans in store which is too short for DS13 but are okay for me with a belt as I need 25x27 jeans with deep front pockets. 

ETA:

Volcom and AG also carries size 27 in boys jeans

I might have not seen 27s because I was never looking for any length less than 30, and those only for a minute.  28x32s were followed rapidly by 28x34s.  

Before he needed 30+ inch inseam we just got the size 14 and then 16 boys from wherever.