Menu

Exciting: New Ulta Beauty near me. Faves?

IfIOnly

Department stores and mall stores that carry Clinique and other high-end cosmetic brands are all I've experienced. I know next to nothing about this store though, except they have the MAC products I've heard of and been curious about over the years. Any products you recommend? Thank you!

• Like 1

I don't buy my high end makeup there! But what I enjoy are their great sales for drugstore brands. I also like their ULTA store brand makeup. Make sure you sign up for their ULTA card (to collect points, it's not a credit card). I get a flyer every couple of weeks with a $3.50 off any $15 purchase. (The discount doesn't apply to certain high end brands.) Combining that with the various sales they run on BOGOF or other good sales makes buying their makeup dirt cheap. :)

Once a year, they have a 20% off of ANYTHING, which I believe includes all of the brands they carry, even the ones not covered by their $3.50 off coupon.

• Like 2

My favorites things to get are the NYX Lip Butter gloss (tiramisu is my favorite!). NYX is drugstore brand and cheap, but they have the best selection. I also like to get my shampoo and conditioner there because twice a year they have liter sales and it’s a SUPER price! That sale is usually in January and July. I’m hoping to go this month and try either Bare Minerals or possibly their IT brand for some makeup. I got a gift card for Christmas and I’ve been saving it to try a new foundation. Oh, I also buy my CeraVe PM Lotion there too.

I really just like to browse because it’s such a fun, pretty store! :)

I like Ulta because they have testers for most of the high end makeup! I love that I can try colors (especially for foundation) before buying. They also have an awesome return policy, if you get home and realize you chose poorly.

I like to just walk around and test stuff, lol. Not all Ultas are equal. I live near 3; two carry Clinique's full line. The other only has a few Clinique items (mostly fragrance).

• Like 2

Ours isn't close, but we buy a lot there. We have the Ulta card which gives you fliers and money back on purchases that you can use there.

DD and I both have highly reactive skin, and we've found that the higher end brands are better for us. I used to have ongoing cystic acne with drug store brands, but am largely clear now. We still use some drugstore brands like Cerve and Nyx, but I use IT Cosmetics foundation and moisturizer and have been amazed at how much better my skin is. I had tried several lines there and came up with that as the best.

Ours has very limited MAC choices, so we go to the mall an hour away once or twice a year to the MAC store.

I love that you can return anything after you've tried it.  I have sensitive skin and rosacea so I am always hesitant to commit!  

I'm so happy to hear this! I just bought DevaCurl Supercream and I don't like it at all. It was the first time I shopped there. I love the DevaCurl Decadence Conditioner and B'Leave In. 

They have a great return policy, I bought some mineral powder, used it a couple times and realized I didn’t like it. They took it back no problems. You can get a consultation or make over just like at a department store makeup counter which is nice.

I buy Kenra hairspray, shampoo, and conditioner when they have sales. I also like the Ulta mineral powder (it’s like Bare Minerals) and their lipsticks (for the once a week I wear it).

• Like 1

Before my son's wedding, I went in to have a consultation. I've never worn much makeup and as such don't know much about it or how to correctly apply it. The lady took her time explaining everything step by step. I had watched videos but having her use make up that looked nice on me and was easy to use made a world of difference. Wedding time came and person after person commented on how pretty I looked. :)