Menu

Bad haircut

Night Elf

And I can't hide it! I have super short hair. I don't mind the tight cuts around my head but I like the top long and I never get my bangs trimmed by them. Well, I forgot to tell her not to touch my bangs and she cut them straight across. They look horrible! This could take weeks to grow out. I'm so irritated!

Watch this lady's videos for great info. on how to style your hair and live through a difficult growing out period.

I picked up so many tips from her. I so wish I'd known about her when I had a truly bad haircut one year. (I loved living in my medium-sized town in VA, but holey-moley they didn't have good hairstylists. There was one, but she moved back to Nashville within months.)

Anyway, I highly recommend watching a bunch of these videos for great ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF-rbNWUDDc.

Alley

Look at my avatar picture. My hair is super short. There is no other way I can style it. In fact, that's why I love it because I just wash and go. No products. No styling. No bed head in the mornings. I'd like to try sweeping my bangs to the side but I don't think they'll stay. That's why I'm thinking of a beanie type hat. Maybe I can scooch it down far enough for it to hold my bangs sideways. Youngest dd doesn't think it will work. Ugh.

Is it like Emma Watson's when she cut her hair really short?  If so, hair wax could help you make the short fringe more pronounced and less likely to "jump up" and look shorter.  

Or maybe, just spike it all up if you have short hair all over.  

Or maybe just find some really cute hair wraps.  You can use thin scarves also.

• Like 1

Or I could just hide in the house until they grow out. :)

No, I'm dealing with it. I find it irritating but it's not bothering me like it would have 25 years ago. Youngest dd said she saw my haircut and didn't feel it looked odd at all. I didn't really notice the bangs until a couple of days after the cut. I did buy a beanie cap and it pushes the bangs down to my eyes so I'll wear that when I go out. I don't know what I'll do at the thrift store though. I can't wear a beanie while I'm volunteering. Won't that look odd to keep a hat on indoors?

And I can't hide it! I have super short hair. I don't mind the tight cuts around my head but I like the top long and I never get my bangs trimmed by them. Well, I forgot to tell her not to touch my bangs and she cut them straight across. They look horrible! This could take weeks to grow out. I'm so irritated!

This happened to me, too!!!!!! I was so upset I cried. I had been LOVING my short hair, and then this! But I will say that you could try going for a "messy" look with a bit of hair putty, and that may make them look a bit better. I had to embrace a new look for a bit. Sigh. I don't love it, but after a day  I realized it wasn't terrible, just not what I wanted. But still! She cut my bangs at an angle! Yes, I sometimes part it on the side a bit, but that doesn't mean I want my bangs to be cut at an angle!!!!! And I told her I blow dry it and use a flat iron, just takes a few minutes. When she was done cutting it super short she told me, "now it's just wash and go!"  I didn't ask for wash and go! It only too literally 3 minutes to style before, and I only had to do it every few days! It's also very choppy. I'm just doing the hair putty stuff to make it kind of messy looking, and that seems to make the stuff she did less obvious. 

Next time I'm bringing a photo with me of what it looks like when I like it. 

This happened to me, too!!!!!! I was so upset I cried. I had been LOVING my short hair, and then this! But I will say that you could try going for a "messy" look with a bit of hair putty, and that may make them look a bit better. I had to embrace a new look for a bit. Sigh. I don't love it, but after a day  I realized it wasn't terrible, just not what I wanted. But still! She cut my bangs at an angle! Yes, I sometimes part it on the side a bit, but that doesn't mean I want my bangs to be cut at an angle!!!!! And I told her I blow dry it and use a flat iron, just takes a few minutes. When she was done cutting it super short she told me, "now it's just wash and go!"  I didn't ask for wash and go! It only too literally 3 minutes to style before, and I only had to do it every few days! It's also very choppy. I'm just doing the hair putty stuff to make it kind of messy looking, and that seems to make the stuff she did less obvious. 

Next time I'm bringing a photo with me of what it looks like when I like it. 

Oh no! Recently? I'm so not happy. The stupid thing was I went in because I needed it trimmed over my ears and I wanted some off the back. Instead I just told her I wanted a trim and she did way more than that. The past two times I've had my hair cut, I only needed to say I wanted it trimmed and both times they kept my hair shape and didn't cut so much. I think it will be a while before I'm ready for another cut. I feel like this is going to take weeks to grow out!

Oh no! Recently? I'm so not happy. The stupid thing was I went in because I needed it trimmed over my ears and I wanted some off the back. Instead I just told her I wanted a trim and she did way more than that. The past two times I've had my hair cut, I only needed to say I wanted it trimmed and both times they kept my hair shape and didn't cut so much. I think it will be a while before I'm ready for another cut. I feel like this is going to take weeks to grow out!

Exactly this!!!! It was messy around the ears, and the bangs were just a bit long and so I just wanted a trim. She gave me a whole new haircut! I like it how it is in my avatar....it doesn't look like that now. It looks more...harsh now. 

Edited to add photo. You can see how in my avatar the cut flatters my face shape. This cut, below, does not, and you can kind of see how angled/crooked the bangs are. 25660292_10155364214098666_8572715552662

Edited by ktgrok