Menu

WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH PRIME?

Janie Grace

Best Buy matches Amazon prices too.  I once got a bunch of $20-30 DSLR lens filters for $5 each.  I think the manager wouldn't have matched the price had I not been buying a lens at the same time so he knew it was for my personal use, not resale, but it works.

We must live in a sweet spot for Amazon because we've had no trouble at all.  Well . . . I do have one Lego set that seems to be stuck in their warehouse but it might be a third party seller.  It says it will arrive by tomorrow night but hasn't shipped yet so I just replaced it because I was getting nervous.  I think the original one might be out of stock but they aren't admitting that yet.

Most of my stuff has been coming USPS without any delay.  My poor postman came to the door one day and asked me to send out two of my strongest boys  because I had two very heavy packages.  Yep - I had ordered them dumbbells and the package said what it was so he slid them into the garage for me.  He's retiring on December 31.  I'm going to miss him . . . I've never had to worry about packages when he was on duty.

On the other hand, UPS and Fed Ex can't seem to get my packages to my door.  They always end up on the neighbor's doorstep.  Which really wouldn't be a problem except the guy that lives there works odd hours and instead of just bringing it over to my porch he puts it in his house and forgets about it . . . grrr . . .   

I’ve had no problems with prime this year (I should probably be careful saying this, as I’m expecting a package today and another tomorrow...I may jinx my deliveries!). The funny thing is that I live in a rural state and we typically get everything late. Not sure why, but my 2 day delivery really happens in 2 days!!

Prime is still saying two day delivery— get it by Christmas! — for my area. That kind of surprised me. I think it is just SO location-dependent. It must be fascinating, the algorithms of how they plan it all. We’re too rural for pizza delivery, for instance, but my Prime orders keep UPS in business. (I’m 30 minutes from WalMart/Target; I order all sorts of stuff from Prime all the time.)

Fingers crossed for all of you waiting on items! And I think it’s absoluteky wrong for the PO to mark things delivered if they’re still on the truck. What a terrible idea.

I agree it is very location dependent. I think if you typically have good prime delivery during the rest of the year, then the holiday season is fine. I usually get things before the guaranteed delivery date, and that has been the case these past couple weeks as well. I just ordered yesterday and the guaranteed delivery date for one item was 12/27, but I ordered it anyway, knowing that things usually arrive here quickly. Sure enough, it shipped out the same day with the other two items which were guaranteed by 12/22.  We just happen to live in an easy delivery area.

Today's Amazon complaint: I woke up this morning to an email saying my order has been shipped, complete with tracking number. Yay, since I ordered it six days ago and it was in stock. Then later this morning I got an email saying my order was delayed because the item was out of stock and no idea when it will be in stock. 

Not cool, Amazon. 

So, looked at my two delayed orders to see where they were.  One got shipped yesterday, one day after I ordered it.  Estimated time of delivery?  Still next Wednesday, ONE FULL WEEK after it was shipped - with FED EX.  Prime shipping with FedEx takes a full week??  I don't think Amazon is paying for two-day FedEx shipping if it's going to take a week, and if they claim it's Prime, they should at least be sending it two-day, no??  I mean, lots of things on Amazon don't have the Prime check - if you're not going to bother ship it two-day, then just don't call it Prime.  I, as a customer, will be way less annoyed.

The other late item is still being "prepared for shipment"...

So, looked at my two delayed orders to see where they were.  One got shipped yesterday, one day after I ordered it.  Estimated time of delivery?  Still next Wednesday, ONE FULL WEEK after it was shipped - with FED EX.  Prime shipping with FedEx takes a full week??  I don't think Amazon is paying for two-day FedEx shipping if it's going to take a week, and if they claim it's Prime, they should at least be sending it two-day, no??  I mean, lots of things on Amazon don't have the Prime check - if you're not going to bother ship it two-day, then just don't call it Prime.  I, as a customer, will be way less annoyed.

The other late item is still being "prepared for shipment"...

Well, even though Amazon had no faith, FedEx did come through and deliver the package that wasn't supposed to be here till next Wednesday...  yay, FedEx.  So now dd will have both books to open. :)

Although the second delayed order still hasn't even been shipped...

• Like 1

It takes about a month to get here. Getting a bit nervous about my book depository stuff though as we only get mail 3 times a week now and there are only two more deliveries before Christmas.

And 3 out of the four things I ordered by the guaranteed delivery cut off have not made it. Funnily it is one of the items the sent me an email apologising about a delay that has made it. I also got a school book from better world books ordered a week later. Good thing I bought some extra stuff just in case.