Menu

pork chops

Elizabeth86

I grind up Rosemary and thyme, plus kosher salt, at least 10 minutes before I cook them. Then I sauté them in a cast iron pan.

I find that the quality of the chop makes a big difference. The super thin, boneless chops are more difficult to cook, and even if they don't dry out, end up rather flavorless. Thick, bone-in chops are moist and flavorful. JMHO.

• Like 1

I use this rub recipe on pork chops. It's all stuff you probably keep on hand all the time and only takes a few minutes to mix up. You can go easy on the red cayenne pepper if you don't like spicy. It's great on the sirloin tip roast, obviously, but I rub it on boneless pork chops, too, and then cook them on the George Foreman grill. YUM.

Edited by stephensgirls

Where we live, pork is THE meat of choice.....

Two simple but yummy ideas:  

1. Simple marinade of crushed garlic (2-4), 1 T. brown sugar, 1t+.  ground/crushed coriander seed, a goodly amount of fresh ground pepper all dissolved in 3-4 T. soy sauce.  Amts can be adjusted according to taste.  Coat chops, let sit (30min-next day), and grill or pan-fry.  AMAZINGLY good.

2.  Mix favorite spice blend or other seasonings (salt, dijon, fresh chopped herbs--but ready to go spice blend is quickest!) with 1/4c. mayo (more or less mayo depending on number of chops) in a bowl large enough to hold the chops.  Add chops, stir til all are coated.  When ready to cook, lift out, coat in crumbs of choice (I've used Panko, ground almonds, crushed cornflakes, Italian-bread crumbs, they are all good) and pan-fry in oil of choice.  Family favorite and works well with chicken, too.

God if I know. I am the worst pork chop maker ever. I used to smother them in canned mushroom soup and serve over rice.

Same. 

I think of myself as a fairly good or at least decent cook, but I can never get pork chops to come out right. I've pretty much given up. I walk by them in the meat counter and pretend I don't see them. ;)