Menu

Nightly Skin Care

AmandaVT

I need a new nighttime skin care regimen. I have been using an Aveda product, but I don't really like it and would love something new. Also, my hairdresser moved to a new salon and doesn't sell Aveda anymore.

Hit me with your favorite skincare regimen! If it can be found in a CVS/drugstore or Amazon, that would be ideal.

Thanks in advance!

My nighttime routine:

Makeup Remover - Garnier's micellar wipes (pink package)

Wash - Cerave Renewing face wash

Toner - Paula's Choice Skin Balancing

Moisturizer - Cerave Renewing Night Cream or PM Moisturizer or Cetaphil Redness Reducing Night Cream

My daytime regimen is similar, varies just a little. I use CeraVe's moisturizing face wash and Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Calming toner. Then CeraVe's PM moisturizer (which is a light, almost gel...it just lacks sunscreen).

Edited by alisoncooks

I'm following a Korean skin care routine:

Double cleanse with Hemish and Cosrx gel

Tone with acid toner like Pixi Glow or something else

Tone again with a hydrating toner such as Son & Park or Huxley

Essence/serums with retinols or something from Cosrx or Dr. Jart

Oil using hemp seed and rose hip oil

Moisturize with Cosrx

Sometimes I put on an overnight water mask to keep my face hydrated.

I need all the help I can get given that I'm on the other side of 40. The bad side, not the good side.

Not available at the drug store, but low cost....

http://theordinary.com

Their products are excellent, without the super high prices.

Yes! I forgot to mention these.

My favorites are the Buffet, Niacinamide and Hyaluronic acid which is not an acid.

I rotate depending what I'm feeling that night.

Edited by crazyforlatin
  • Like 1

Nothing fancy. Through much trial and error over the years I've found that for me high dollar skin products don't work any better, and often not as well as, "drug store" products. (And I feel compelled to add that I do NOT have an inherent bias against salon/high dollar products, as I've found that my hair absolutely does respond better to those.) My nighttime skin routine:

CeraVe hydrating cleanser

Olay Regenerist (or equivalent store brand)  Regenerating daily cleanser (a few times a week for exfoliation)

L'Oreal Hydrafresh toner

Depending on time of year --CeraVe moisturizing cream, Eucerin original healing creme or Aquaphor healing ointment

Jan Marini, all the way!

I generally don't wear make up, but if I wear a tinted moisturizer I wash my face with JM C-esta cleanser and moisturize with JM Rejuvenation cream at night.

In the morning, same cleaner but moisturize with either JM Transformation cream or with Jurlique cream with sunscreen (SPF 40).

I have an office job so I don't use sunscreen every day, just if I'm going to be outside a lot on a weekend or holiday.

1-2 X per month I use the JM Skinzyme mask in the morning.  When I do that, I wash it off with JM Cleanzyme.  (They go together).  It's very important to moisturize well after that.

I have rosacea and a tendency to get contact hives, as well as a scent-sensitive asthma tendency, and I have used this routine for YEARS without getting sensitized to it at all.  It's good stuff.

I use coconut oil. If I have worn makeup, I use it to remove my makeup (rub it in, wipe off with a warm, wet washcloth), and then to moisturize. During the winter when my skin gets extra-dry, I use Mary Kay's Extra Emollient Night Cream. I've never found anything that is as effective at helping chapped skin heal and feel better. (It's also good on heels, elbows, and I like the samples for lips.) It's expensive, but it lasts a really long time.

I shower at night (and wash my hair in the morning in the kitchen sink), then wash my face again in the morning.

At night when I shower, I use this soap., on my face and on my body. It has helped my rosacea plus a couple of other sink problems. Of course, I wash off any make-up.

In the morning, I have a three-step regime: wash, tone, moisturize. Mostly I use Artistry products (Amway's cosmetic/skin care line), but I have used other products, as well; for me it's the three steps that are most important. Clinique and L'Oriel have both been good for me, as well as the Artistry.

Edited by Ellie