Menu

Magnesium brand

OrganicJen

Jigsaw Magnesium. Don’t use magnesium citrate - which is in Natural Calm. I belong to a magnesium group on fb and jigsaw is the recommended brand. I recommend joining the group - Magnesium Advocacy Group. They have all kinds of recommendations there.

Thanks I went to the site and got on the email list and I'll read what they have.  I'm not on facebook so I can't join that but it looks like there is plenty of information on their website at least.  I have used epsom salts for some time in my big cast iron soaking tub, but since this year of homeschool has started and I have a toddler now too, I just don't have the time to soak in the tub so I've been thinking of supplementing orally instead of just transdermally now.  

Why not use mag citrate? My ds takes it daily to keep him regular.

I have the same question!  It seemed like my research a few years ago pointed to citrate as the best (best absorption).

But inspired by this thread, I looked up a few other things today and it looks like for relaxation and leg cramps (two reasons I take mag), mag. glycinate may be better for that purpose.

Citrate does work well for me for constipation.  But I am still struggling with leg cramps.  

• Like 1

Jigsaw Magnesium. Don’t use magnesium citrate - which is in Natural Calm. I belong to a magnesium group on fb and jigsaw is the recommended brand. I recommend joining the group - Magnesium Advocacy Group. They have all kinds of recommendations there.

Why not use Natural Calm?  Curious because I use it.

Jigsaw includes B6, B12 & methyl folate.....they may be getting their benefit from those add-ins or from the recommended twice a day dosing.  Jigsaw's dimagnesium malate is purchased from Albion labs, and it's essentially magnesium + malic acid. Magnesium citrate has 90% +/- bioavailability. Chelated magnesium (such as in dimagnesium malate) is less bioavailable.  I don't get the draw to Jigsaw.

• Like 2

Why not use mag citrate? My ds takes it daily to keep him regular.

That's what mag citrate is good for, mostly because it doesn't absorb well. When magnesium doesn't absorb well, it forces its way out, essentially.

Magnesium L-threonate is good for ADHD and memory.

Magnesium Taurate is good for relaxation

I use magnesium malate. I am not sure about anxiety or sleep. It's supposed to be absorbed easily and it's great for muscle soreness. I lift weights twice a week and I don't get sore. But, I went away in September and didn't take my magnesium. The week after I got back I didn't take it either and I was so sore from the gym that I could barely walk up the stairs. I couldn't believe what a difference the magnesium makes. 

• Like 2