Menu

Waiting for BA 2A.

LMD

Anyone else? I am waiting with baited breath! Once it's released and ordered it'll still take 3 weeks to get here (aus)!

Ds has blown through all my 1st grade math materials and is doing the same with the gr 2 stuff we're going on with. I cannot wait to go deeper using BA with him!

• Like 4

I was waiting but now that it's late (like every book they release!) I think I'm going to skip grade 2 and start DS with grade 3. The second book isn't going to be ready for a while so I don't want to start the series and then have to wait. When BA first came out, their "predicted schedule" had grade 2 coming out in plenty of time for my twins. I'm bummed that it is coming out so behind schedule. (I do understand that things take longer sometimes, but they really botched the roll out of these books in my humble opinion.)

Me! I was just looking at their FB page yesterday! I've planned to use these books with #3 since I started ds with the 3rd grade books when they first released. Dd is in second grade now doing MiF2. I do wish they had put them out faster but we'll just use them between other books until we get to the 3rd grade books, the work is advanced and the elementary program only goes through 5th grade so I'm not worried about time. We'll be able to do the first 2- 2nd grade books this year, do the next 2 next year then we can go back to normal pace w/ grade 3 books. 

• Like 1

I'm not waiting with bated breath. I'm not going to buy the books until 2D is out. That way I can use what I need from each book on my schedule.

We're going to finish Miquon and then do a year of whiteboard math and word problems.. Depending on where Jr is developmentally when 2D comes out, we might begin it in 1st grade, wait until 2nd grade or be way beyond the BA series as a whole.

I am! My 4th grader is doing BA a bit behind grade level (not our primary math) and is almost through 3b. I'm hoping to have 2a by the time she finishes 3b to lighten things up for a bit and to reinforce things the BA way. Then we'll go to 3c and probably 3d before 2b is out. Whenever they come out we'll be stopping after whatever chapter of 3 or 4 we're on to do it. I'll need them soon anyway for my younger. 

It's here! It's here! (2A looks pretty simple for 2nd grade, though? At least the beginning pages...I was hoping for more challenges. But it does look fun!!)

They've said in the past that a child with number sense but not necessarily any prior formal math should be able to start in level 2, so it makes sense that the first book would be relatively simple but that the year would go deep enough to have a child up to level 3 by the end.

• Like 2

They've said in the past that a child with number sense but not necessarily any prior formal math should be able to start in level 2, so it makes sense that the first book would be relatively simple but that the year would go deep enough to have a child up to level 3 by the end.

Ya, they have got a lot of ground to cover to get a kid ready for 3A.