Menu

Is Anyone Here an Air BnB Host?

JumpyTheFrog

I have friends who have a flat in a prime location in Cape Town.  Due to the location they have high occupation and it is a great supplemental income for them.

ETA:  The flat is a half hour drive from where they live (without traffic). They do drive to meet new guests and clean when they leave (for which they charge a cleaning fee).  So it does take a few hours for each rental.  They do a minimum of two nights.

Edited by Hannah

Does anyone stay at home, like in a regular B and B, when they rent out rooms?

I have a friend who does this.  She has 6 kids living at home too that she homeschool and is a dentist who works one day a week.  Her AirBnB ads make it very clear that they are renting a room in a home filled with a large, active family

Edited by Tania
  • Like 1

Does anyone stay at home, like in a regular B and B, when they rent out rooms?

Youngest dd loves to travel and almost always stays in an AirBNB room.  Right now she's in one in LA but she's rented rooms in Chicago, Asheville, etc.  

She's introverted so she always makes sure she gets a room (some people are fine sleeping on a couch in a living room!) and it's always been a good experience.  I'd totally rent out a room or two if I lived in a place people wanted to visit. g

I've been talking to my dh about investing in a property to use as an AirBnB rental. I don't think I'd rent out a room in my family house - I'm too much of a night owl and roam in my pjs.

Is it milovany who has rentals like this? I know there's someone here - remember the "cabin" themed property?!

• Like 3

I manage a property that my neighbor owns across the street from my house. We rent out the whole house; three bedrooms are available, although we charge extra for extra people. It's $125/night plus the cleaning fee, which is pricier than budget chain hotels in our greater area, but cheaper than the nicer hotels in our immediate area. I get the cleaning fee of $55. We could probably have more guests if we wanted, but we're happy with what we've got; we build in breaks for ourselves at busy times in the academic calendar.

So far this year, the owner has taken in around $2500, but that doesn't account for utilities and wear and tear on the house (which is minimal).

I've stayed in both types of properties - shared spaces and private/whole houses. I like both types. I have a trip coming up where we're staying in airbnbs the whole time and we are so much closer to where we want to be at a great price because of it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1