Menu

Would this be yuck?

Night Elf

I asked DH and he said he was willing to try it. I really don't like tomato based foods so when we have spaghetti I just eat the noodles with butter. I thought trying alfredo sauce would be something I might like.

Would you still add onions, green peppers and garlic? I usually saute the and mix them in with the tomato sauce.

I asked DH and he said he was willing to try it. I really don't like tomato based foods so when we have spaghetti I just eat the noodles with butter. I thought trying alfredo sauce would be something I might like.

Would you still add onions, green peppers and garlic? I usually saute the and mix them in with the tomato sauce.

If it's a mix, I wouldn't add any of the above. I wouldn't use onions or peppers, period.  Butter, milk, parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley. The end.  But, if it's a jar or mix, it's probably already heavily seasoned.

It sounds yuck to me but I have kids who eat this all the time. We are split down the middle when it comes to red/white sauce preferences, and the white sauce family members eat it with anything, including ground beef or sausage (which I would only eat with red).

Yes. I do something like this with a homemade white sauce and mix it into egg noodles. I call it homemade hamburger helper. You could also add mushrooms, grated carrot, and/or peas. If you add peas, skip the green pepper. My kids love this kind of thing. I tolerate it.

I took the easy way out. I bought Prego alfredo sauce. We sauteed onions and garlic, added them to the ground beef and then added in the jar sauce. It was just okay. If I decide to try this again, I'm going to make the sauce myself.

• Like 3