Menu

Swimsuit help.......very large busted young lady

Ottakee

UGGG.  We are trying to find a decent swimsuit (mainly tankini top) for my 20 year old daughter.  She is only 5' tall and wears a 34 G bra (likely more like an H now).

I ordered a high neck land's end suit in the DDD cup and it does NOT fit at all...it come down too low, and the bra portion is not nearly large enough

She needs a suite with a higher neck as she is so short that so many of them come down way too low in the front.  We need support but mostly full coverage for someone who wants to be active in the water but yet look cute.

Are there any chain stores that sell suits like this?  I am at a very serious loss her and she is supposed to go with her boyfriend's extended family this weekend with a pool, etc.  Tankini would be ideal but we would possibly consider a one piece.

She is so frustrated with me, her body, life in general right now, etc.

Does anyone use a sports bra under a cute rash guard?  We live about 50 minutes from a city with more malls, etc. but our local choices (still 20+ minutes away) are Meijer, Target, Walmart, etc. so we are really stuck.

My oldest isn't that busty yet, but she (and I) have worn sports bras under rash guards. They dry quickly and work pretty much like a swimsuit would. (I'm very busty, but I'm not a young girl who cares about how I look at this point!)

• Like 4

My oldest isn't that busty yet, but she (and I) have worn sports bras under rash guards. They dry quickly and work pretty much like a swimsuit would. (I'm very busty, but I'm not a young girl who cares about how I look at this point!)

Hrms. I wonder if it would work to wear a sports bra under a regular swimsuit. -- something solid color just to make a regular swim suit more modest

No solid suggestions and I didn't have quite that extreme issue with size but I was extremely petite and small boned but big chested and I HATED EVERY MINUTE OF TRYING TO FIND BATHINGSUITS. So I am sending sympathy and hope one of the wonderful ladies on here can stear you in the right direction. Best wishes.

Hrms. I wonder if it would work to wear a sports bra under a regular swimsuit. -- something solid color just to make a regular swim suit more modest

It might be glaringly MODESTY PANEL ish. Swim team swimmers sometimes layer two suits on top of each other for more support. 

I've done this.  No matter how supportive my suit was, the front was always getting pulled down by my clingy little monkeys.  Eventually I started layering a black sports bra under my tankini top.

Wendy

• Like 1

I use a "sports bra" swim suit top under a rash guard shirt.  UV Skinz online is one I have used in the past.  I am 5.2 and on the busty side although not quite as endowed as your DD and this is what I use. 

I use them more for sun coverage rather than modesty reasons, but I do feel more comfortable being active and playing with the kids being more fully covered.

Herroom.com or barenecessities.com have bra-size swimwear including athletic-style, full coverage suits. I'd look there. That's the only kind of suit that I buy. I also wear a 34FFF or 34G. Freya has some nice full coverage tankini/board short styles.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 1

Herroom and barenecessities are great for sizes like G, H etc. I'm about your daughter's size and these stores have been lifesavers for me as I practically live at the beach/pool in the summer.

Edited by QueenCat
  • Like 1

I wear a bikini top under a rash guard with board shorts so I would think that a sports bra or swim bra would work quite well.

I like using less sunscreen. I can get really cute board shorts from Land's End, Dick's Sporting Goods, etc. I have a cute, periwinkle rash guard with white flowers, and navy blue with periwinkle stripe board shorts. I am very happy with the look and comfort but I need to state up front that a 34C who sometimes wear as 34B depending on manufacturer/designer, I have no idea if this would be suitable for larger bust sizes.

Bathing Suit shopping for all women everywhere is the equivalent of being put to the rack!

Edited by FaithManor

DD16 wears a sports bra under her rash guard. Rash guard because she burns like you wouldn't believe and sports bra because she has to have better coverage and support than most swim suits offer.

And the rash guard + sports bra combo looks super cute!

Thanks for the ideas.  We went and found a super cute sports bra that looks more like a swim suit top than a bra (but gives a lot more support and coverage) and then found a really cute rash guard tank that will go over it.  I hope this works well.  She is happy with the style, I am happy with the support and coverage, and the price was right.

• Like 8

I really recommend the new company swimsuits and a rash guard over the top if she is uncomfortable.

Linda's has a fantastic selection of bra sizes swimwear. Here is the selections for 34G:

http://www.lindasonline.com/size-34g-swimwear-bras.html

I do recommend she stays away from panache unless she has a long torso for her size. I'm also a shorty and the underwires in those sizes are just tool tall for me.

Thanks for the ideas. We went and found a super cute sports bra that looks more like a swim suit top than a bra (but gives a lot more support and coverage) and then found a really cute rash guard tank that will go over it. I hope this works well. She is happy with the style, I am happy with the support and coverage, and the price was right.

This is just a suggestion. Have your dd wear it and jump in the shower and get really wet, and then step out really wet and look in the mirror or have you look.

I wore a sports bra under a rash guard and both fabrics were see through. I was so embarrassed. If that doesn't concern her, then don't worry about it. Just friendly advice from someone who went to the beach and didn't know until I saw the pictures.