Menu

Hilarious video of 2 year old twins "sleeping" in their room

maize

My kids did go through a short period when they would not stay in bed.  I tried swaddling.  Then someone told me swaddling was child abuse or something.  :P  Can't remember what eventually got them to stop.  I'm guessing they just got tired of their own shenanigans.

• Like 1

Mine would face each other and jump up and down in the cribs so vigorously that the cribs would inch together and then playtime really started. At least we preempted the climbing out of bed with mattresses on the floor. I was too nervous about broken bones.

This video is hilarious!

• Like 2

Mine would face each other and jump up and down in the cribs so vigorously that the cribs would inch together and then playtime really started. At least we preempted the climbing out of bed with mattresses on the floor. I was too nervous about broken bones.

This video is hilarious!

That story reminded me: I shared a room with my teenage aunt when I was little and in a crib. I used to shake my crib across the room and flip the light switch on and off in the middle of the night. It's amazing she didn't throw things at me!

I loved that video; they're so busy and have no time for sleep!

• Like 1

That story reminded me: I shared a room with my teenage aunt when I was little and in a crib. I used to shake my crib across the room and flip the light switch on and off in the middle of the night. It's amazing she didn't throw things at me!

I loved that video; they're so busy and have no time for sleep!

lol!

I saw several people post this and I wanted to cry.

I might still be bitter that my kids did that every. single. freaking. night. We used to hold them down forcibly at that age to make them sleep. They'd kick and cry and eventually wear themselves out.

ETA: To be clear, I get why it's funny. Y'all should all laugh and enjoy it. I was surprised that a decade later, I still just seized up and was like, "NOOOOOO!"

Edited by Farrar
  • Like 4

I saw several people post this and I wanted to cry.

I might still be bitter that my kids did that every. single. freaking. night. We used to hold them down forcibly at that age to make them sleep. They'd kick and cry and eventually wear themselves out.

ETA: To be clear, I get why it's funny. Y'all should all laugh and enjoy it. I was surprised that a decade later, I still just seized up and was like, "NOOOOOO!"

:grouphug:   I only had singletons, but the baby always got her own room so there were no nighttime crazy-making episodes. My youngest two are about 1 1/2 years apart, so I'm sure the older would've shown baby how to get out of crib & they would've been partners in crime.

• Like 1

But...they actually stayed in the roomand were more or less happy and uninjured, right? This seems infinitely superior to the deal I've got going right now where the 2yo screams and hurls himself against the door u til you let him grt in bed and beat the crap out of dh in his sleep all night while I sleep on about six inches of mattress. Am i missing something?

They even got back in bed by themselves in the end...

• Like 1

This video is hilarious!

I have a friend whose twins jumped their beds in front of the bedroom door. She had to call her husband home from work to help her break into their window!

• Like 4

I have a friend whose twins jumped their beds in front of the bedroom door. She had to call her husband home from work to help her break into their window!

Okay that is funny! But - what if it were a second story bedroom?!!

It always seemed so far-fetched when I heard myself telling others about my twins doing this. Like they were super strong jumpers or something. Good to hear stories about other babes in the furniture moving business! 😄

• Like 2

Reminds me of the time my two were about that age.  Dh had attached a baby gate at the top of the stairs with at least a dozen nails.  They got together and ripped the gate attachment out of the sheetrock.  (one of the few times they worked together...  except maybe for the time they poured an entire box of cereal on the living room floor, or the time they were fighting over cardboard tubes and unrolled all the saran wrap, foil and wax paper all over the house...)

• Like 1

My two sons beat the stuffings out of the Christmas tree with their stick horses. They also opened the door to the gas tank of our van and then shoveled sand into it....both of these events happened while dh was in charge;).  We used to have to duck tape their diapers on them at night.

Oh, the good ole days:))

• Like 2

My twins locked me in the basement on purpose at this age (2 1/2) so they could raid their older brother's room while he was in school. I had to bribe them with cookies to let me out.   

• Like 1