Menu

Frivolous paint choice

bethben

The taupe color on the left appears warmer (at least on my monitor), so it gets my vote.  I actually prefer colors that are deeper and warmer for dark rooms sometimes as the warmth gives the room a "glow".  As others mentioned, above, you might even want to experiment with a few more color swatches.

Left, but only two swatches? I had twenty-bazillion. I vote get more. :rofl:

I started with 4. The previous choices looked white in my opinion. I have 1700 square feet to think about. That's just the start. Another 400 sq. Feet will be a different color. The previous owners painted the whole house a gray green color. It's depressing actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a beautiful color, but if it's too dark/cool for you, you might want to look at some swatches in warm gold tones. Does this room only get light from the north?

South. My northern exposure rooms also have the same color. We had a yellow tint in my last house and DH wants something different.

• Like 1

South. My northern exposure rooms also have the same color. We had a yellow tint in my last house and DH wants something different.

Ah.  Well, with southern exposure, you have lots of options.  I would definitely go with the taupier one on the left, as the lighter color will appear more washed out with lots of light from the south.