Menu

does an alarm clock like this exist?

ProudGrandma

My 15 year old son wants a battery powered alarm clock.  But he doesn't want to wake up to a radio or a buzzing noise.  What kind of alarm clock is like that? Can someone help me find one?  I have seen a couple that say that it has nature sounds, but it doesn't imply that it is the "alarm" or not.  So I am not sure.  Thanks.

What does he want to wake up to? I know they make clocks that you can plug your phone or mp3 player in to and can wake up to something on that. You could make a recording of a bull horn and upload that?  :lol:

do you have a link?  He does have an MP3 player...so that might be the ticket.

I guess he doesn't have a cell phone or music player? Because that's going to be his best bet.  

If the main use is going to be an alarm, you can buy a cheap music player that will let him choose from lots of alarms, and most will allow him to record his own (so find a sound he likes by googling on computer, play it and record with the music player). 

Amazon seems to have some that would do the trick for $20-$25. One example: https://www.amazon.com/Goldenseller-Player-Portable-Recording-support/dp/B01L17QRTI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480780676&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=music+player&psc=1&smid=A2NG7501W5ZIR1

We just use an app on an older Samsung tablet we have here. You can choose from a bunch of different sounds that start low and get progressively louder. I like that it doesn't give us a heart attack to start the day out with, like regular alarm clocks do. 

I saw one with nature sounds... but I don't know his that would wake you up!

I'd be snoozing blissfully to the sounds of waves washing ashore... :)

The alarm clock of my dreams reaches out with a softly gloved hand and massages all the knots out of my back gently before I have to get up.

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 3

I'd be snoozing blissfully to the sounds of waves washing ashore...:)

The alarm clock of my dreams reaches out with a softly gloved hand and massages all the knows out of my back gently before I have to get up.

Sounds fantastic! Wait... I think we have that in this house and it's called Mom! How do I get one though?!
  • Like 1