Menu

Recommend a reliable, non-fancy, regular ol' coffee maker for less than $60.

6packofun

Does it need to be electric? I'd absolutely get a Chemex or insulated Press Pot (a step up in flavor from the normal Bodum French presses) before buying a drip coffee machine. They're in the same price range but the cups are incomparable.

I haven't seen many good electric coffee pots for under $250, the temperature control is awful and that affects the flavor.

We've had a Proctor-Silex for a number of years. I believe it is the best coffee maker we have ever had. The design says it is Spill Proof or Spill Resistant or something like that. If one is careful, there are very few spills with this model.  Years ago, we had a Black & Decker Coffee Maker.  One morning, we noticed smoke coming from the Switch. I would not buy another of their Kitchen small appliances. GL with whatever you buy and please buy COLOMBIAN coffee when you buy coffee.  

• Like 1

I have a cheap Mr Coffee with a flat-bottomed filter - it works just fine but I prefer a cone-shaped filter instead.  I'm not sure if there's a cheap, reliable option for a cone filter. I bought this one three years ago and make about a pot per day, so far so good: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FQ254S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a cheap old Black and Decker coffee maker that I bought for a song a hundred years ago. 

The thing that makes me LOVE my coffee maker is that every morning, when I lift the little lid to poor the water in the back, my coffee maker looks EXACTLY like Darth Vader. My kids say he is bringing me over to the dark side. I would agree.  :)

• Like 1

I adore my Cuisinart coffe maker with the insulated carafe and a reusable filter. I adore it so much, I still have it even though I primarily use my Keurig with reusable filter. If I wasn't the only one who drank coffee or if I drank more, I'd still be using it full time. It kept coffee warm for quite a long time. I don't think they make my specific model anymore, but the DCC-2900 and DCC-2750 are comparable.

• Like 1