Menu

A local woman is missing. Update in post #3

IfIOnly

Family is asking others to share info., especially in port towns.

tmp_2570-13728904_173116499773032_521001

Facebook page for finding Kaylee: https://m.facebook.com/groups/332247550496022?notif_t=group_r2j_approved&notif_id=1469516922947960&ref=bookmarks&refid=48

There is a search party starting tomorrow, and while I can't help search, we are bringing some snacks and drinks for the volunteers. It's really hot here, and I'm concerned about her being found soon in this kind of heat if she's lost or injured.

My heart is hurting for this family. I know what it's like to lose a loved suddenly and unexpectantly but definitely. I can't imagine the agony of not knowing where my loved one is, whether they're alive and well, and if there is harm involved. Hoping for the best.

ETA: THE REASON FOR SHARING IS HER PHONE "DINGED" AN HOUR AWAY TODAY GOING TOWARDS THE PORTLAND AREA. THE ONLY TRACE OF HER SINCE HER DISAPPEARANCE. She didn't show up at the dentist office she works at today, and her family and boyfriend of two years say this is not like her at all. :(

Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain

I'm so very sorry to report it was a murder. Suspect is a security guard at the college where Kaylee was last seen. This is the place where my boy's robotics club meets. He hasn't been apprehended. Heartbreaking. Search is still on to hopefully find her body. :(

http://m.ktvz.com/news/missing-bend-woman-apparent-homicide-victim-suspect-sought/40876452

""We really need to find this guy," Burleigh told NewsChannel 21, referring to Lara. "My gut tells me he's out of the area," quite possibly in the Portland area, so police were being alerted statewide and media asked to show his photo."

Oh my word!  Suspect is a security guard????    I can't imagine the repercussions of that on colleges everywhere.  If you can't trust the person who is walking you to your car to protect you from molesters and murderers!

• Like 3

Oh my word!  Suspect is a security guard????    I can't imagine the repercussions of that on colleges everywhere.  If you can't trust the person who is walking you to your car to protect you from molesters and murderers!

This is not a logical conclusion to come to.

Every person who commits a heinous criminal act at one time was a person with a clean record who never had committed such acts. It follows that an employment background check is not, and never has been, 100% guarantee that a person is not going to harm you.

Reality is, the vast majority of your fellow human beings would never harm you. Even fewer would do so intentionally and deliberately.

To conclude based upon one story of a person who was hired as a (insert profession which we implicitly trust for something) will never (insert thing we did not expect them to do) means that we should NEVER trust ANYONE in such a position again is ridiculous.

The time to question the safety of trusting security guards in general is when there is an institutional pattern that goes beyond an individual person's actions. 

• Like 5

How awful! I hope they find her body soon for her family to have some closure, and of course I hope they find the suspect as well; how scary!

He has been found in CA. This after terrorizing a family by shooting the father who is in critical condition and then kidnapping the other 3 family members by highjacking their car.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Oregon-murder-suspect--388262972.html?d=mobile

I hope his arrest leads to the discovery of the body of this precious woman.

Glad he has been arrested. Sadly, there must be some evidence pointing to murder or I did not read the article correctly? She has not been found but police expect her to be dead?

Police aren't sharing with the public why it was changed from a missing person to a homicide case. There is an officiol search party going on today, but the location being searched is not based on leads yet. It sounds like there may have been forensic evidence found in the suspect's home, but this is just based on a news report of forensics seen leaving the home with bags of evidence.

Kaylee is the oldest of five and has four younger brothers. It's all just heartbreaking.

• Like 2

I'm wondering if those who hired him as a security guard did enough of a background check.

So much sadness.

Alley

It sounds like the college did the best they could?

"COCC spokesman Ron Paradis said Tuesday, "We do background checks on all employees before hiring them into full-time or part-time (including irregular wage) positions."

A search of Oregon online court records for Lara indicate charges such as speeding and driving with a suspended license, dating back a dozen years, and most recently a fish and game violation, but no arrests for violent crimes."

http://m.ktvz.com/news/missing-bend-woman-apparent-homicide-victim-suspect-sought/40876452

A search of Oregon online court records for Lara indicate charges such as speeding and driving with a suspended license, dating back a dozen years, and most recently a fish and game violation, but no arrests for violent crimes."

Someone working as a security guard needs to have fairly spotless background.

Alley

• Like 1

Someone working as a security guard needs to have fairly spotless background.

Alley

You know, thinking about it more, driving with a suspended liscence is kind of a big deal (especially in Oregon) and red flag. That's delierately breaking the law to get the liscence suspended and then breaking the law again by continuing to drive. Hmm.

Speeding tickets are not big deal if the speeds weren't too much. I'm wondering if the F&G violation was after the background check though because it was recent.

Just an update: a body was found Tuesday and today confirmed by the coroner it was Kaylee's and that she died of blunt force trauma. There's a gag order on the case as if a day or two ago and nobody knows much at all.

Just an update: a body was found Tuesday and today confirmed by the coroner it was Kaylee's and that she died of blunt force trauma. There's a gag order on the case as if a day or two ago and nobody knows much at all.

Such a tragedy!!! I was being optimistic and hoping for good news.

Praying for her soul, and for everyone affected by this tragedy :(