Menu

Any John Oliver Last Week Tonight fans?

Soror

We love him here too.  I only wish that his show was a bit more kid friendly so DD could watch with us too.  

I liked his episodes on civil asset forfeiture, judicial elections, standardized testing, and science research.  We, uh, actually have a watch party for the show every week, and have friends and pizza come to watch with us.  It usually starts fun conversations. 

• Like 4

Man, I wish I had friends I could invite over to watch, that sounds like lots of fun. Dh watched the one on civil assets and Snowden and said both were excellent, I haven't watched those yet. I loved the one on pageants and televangelists. I watched the ones on American territories and DC this morning. A big reminder of all the things I don't know and why is some guy from England the one digging so deep into American issues.

• Like 3

The debt collection one was amazing. For those who didn't see it, he set up a debt collection agency (CARP, lol), bought $15 million in medical debt for $60K, and then forgave it all.  Love John Oliver.  :001_wub:

I did see that one, I did love it. Quite like the televangelist one where he set up his one church, Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption. 

• Like 5

I did see that one, I did love it. Quite like the televangelist one where he set up his one church, Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption.

That was hilarious.

• Like 2

The debt collection one was amazing. For those who didn't see it, he set up a debt collection agency (CARP, lol), bought $15 million in medical debt for $60K, and then forgave it all.  Love John Oliver.  :001_wub:

Just watched this on YouTube.  Excellent. Off to watch the retirement episode...

• Like 2

We don't have cable either, but I stumbled upon it once on YouTube on my iphone on a road trip and ended up hooking up to the car stereo system so everyone could hear.  The series about Televangelists and the church he created was so funny DH nearly crashed the car.  We had to stop listening while driving.

• Like 3

I watched the one on Trump from February, one of my favorite so far and it cracks me up that the hats they made for a joke (Make Trump Drumpf again) sold out. I can't believe he bought the domain name, they are just so crazy thorough.

We don't have cable either, but I stumbled upon it once on YouTube on my iphone on a road trip and ended up hooking up to the car stereo system so everyone could hear.  The series about Televangelists and the church he created was so funny DH nearly crashed the car.  We had to stop listening while driving.

Wow!!! That's crazy. 

• Like 2

Love, love, love this show. It's my favorite thing on TV right now. I agree, I wish I had someone to invite over to watch it with me. It's the perfect show to start conversations or just use as a starting point to get more informed about certain issues. He brings to light so many issues I had never even thought about. I have too many favorite episodes to count. Both the first Trump episode and the Trump wall episodes were good. Loved the Church of Perpetual Exemption, the debt collection, the one on municipal violations, sex ed (though he does take a stab at homeshoolers on this one) and the Snowden interview. It's really just a fabulous show.

• Like 1